Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

Hope I'm not too late to this!
I've just started IF/Keto. Keto isn't a big deal for me, because it's kind of half normal. Do you think they would work well together?
Also, I know your biggest meal is meant to be after your workout but when I'm at work I can't stop eating! So I spaced my eating window at 10am-5pm, so this doesn't happen and I'm fuller at work. I also don't get hungry after workouts, so this is working well... However... Do you think it's ok that I don't exercise until after 5pm? And eat before hand? I'm still fasting from 5pm-10am the next day, but I eat before I workout. Hope that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of mixing Keto with IF. They both are effective when done properly, but shouldn't be mixed in my opinion. IF is best used how i describe in this thread many times with the high carb (workout days) and low carb (non workout days).

The way you have your current fasting and training schedule setup isn't ideal to get the most out of IF. You really need to take in the bulk of your calories post workout for maximum protein synthesis and glycogen replenishment, and you DEFINITELY DONT want to start your fast post workout. It could lead to muscle loss

im up at 4am monday-friday. my last meal is at around 7pm after i workout.so my fast would be from 7:30pm-11:30am. saturday and sunday my fast is longer 20 hours im trying too loose body fat. my macros are 200g protein/under 100g carbs/50g fat, around 1700 calories. im 181 lbs. refeed day (higher carbs and calories) once a week and i dnt fast that day. this is something that i could do but would it work?? also how much carbs should i have on my refeed day,remember im low carbs all week (under 100g)

Sorry if this has been asked in here. I googled it and it seems it is fine but is coffee with milk ok while fasting?

im up at 4am monday-friday. my last meal is at around 7pm after i workout.so my fast would be from 7:30pm-11:30am. saturday and sunday my fast is longer 20 hours im trying too loose body fat. my macros are 200g protein/under 100g carbs/50g fat, around 1700 calories. im 181 lbs. refeed day (higher carbs and calories) once a week and i dnt fast that day. this is something that i could do but would it work?? also how much carbs should i have on my refeed day,remember im low carbs all week (under 100g)

The plan doesnt look too bad, though I think your cals are just a tad too low. I would stick around 2k. For the extra 300 cals add another 75g protein or so and keep fats and carbs the same.

Refeeds I would go to about 400-500g once per 7 days. Keep the fat very low on this day and drop protein to around 1g per pound of bodyweight to keep from going over maintenance on total cals

Excellent information RR, thanks very much for your knowledge. I've been following Martin's Leangains guide with regard to nutrition and training using a M/W/F split based around Leg Press, Bench and deadlift. Isolation exercises have been kept to a minimum and focusing on progression for each of the above lifts.

My question is, how should/would a routine change when on a cycle? I've just started a Tren ace, test prop cycle and was wondering if I should increase the volume with some extra movements or keep things as they are?

Cheers
Daniel

Excellent information RR, thanks very much for your knowledge. I've been following Martin's Leangains guide with regard to nutrition and training using a M/W/F split based around Leg Press, Bench and deadlift. Isolation exercises have been kept to a minimum and focusing on progression for each of the above lifts.

My question is, how should/would a routine change when on a cycle? I've just started a Tren ace, test prop cycle and was wondering if I should increase the volume with some extra movements or keep things as they are?

Cheers
Daniel

If your current program is effective, there is no reason to change it. My training is always the same on cycle and off. I follow an upper body/lower body split on M,W,F with cardio on the off days. I do very low volume, high intensity (DC training).

On cycle you can get faster recovery times which does mean you can either increase volume or frequency, but just don't lose focus of the fact that growth occurs when in the kitchen and while resting. More doesn't necessarily mean better, even on cycle.

Top Bottom