Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

Yeah...coffee is kind of needed in the morning, but if I am going to be successful with IF, then I will do whatever it takes even putting coffee on hold for a bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

The great thing with IF is that it is very lenient. If you want to drink coffee, drink coffee. It won't make a difference in you reaching your goals bro. The effect on blood glucose is very minuscule, and the reason I didn't want to mention it. People tend to nitpick the hell out of this, and you really don't need to. It's pretty simple....throughout your fast don't worry about things like stimulants or even trace amounts of cals from things like coffee, diet soda, or sweeteners. Those things are fine, and Martin does it himself. Im not a coffee drinker, but I will have bottled water with some crystal light drink mix for flavor during my fast a lot of times. It comes out to like 5 cals a packet I believe, but it stays below that threshold of what causes that big insulin spike and breaks the fast.

I am very keen to give this a try, my aim is purely to lose bodyfat at this stage.

My usualy cutting plan is 300g pro a day 200g carbs (100 pre workout 100 post workout) and around 60-70g fats a day

I am still struggling to wrap my head around this approach as i train weights in the am at 6am to 7am and i do my cardio at night from 6.30 to 7.30pm, i wish i could swop them around but my training partner can only do weights in the am.

How would i adapt this diet to this schedule.

Also i use NO Explode pre workout (just bought a huge tub) can i still use this 30min before morning workout and will it still be essential that i purchase bcaas?

Thanks for any assistance

Your plan is fine bro. You just won't get the extra little benefit of fasted cardio, but no big deal. You will still have amazing results. I also workout at 6-7 AM and then break fast at noon. Feel free to use your pure workout no problem. Just stay away from the pure workouts with sugar and cals in them. The calorie free ones are fine. BCAAs before and after weight training and every two hours before breaking fast is recommended also.

Whatever your diet is set up like, just do the same and put it into that 8 hour window. Ideally, you would want to consume the largest part in your fast breaker (post workout) meal. In that meal try to get a decent amount of carbs and protein. I go for 100g protein minimum with 60%-70% of my daily carbs in that meal as well. Your body will be very anabolic at the fast breaking stage, and this is where you can reap the most benefits from your nutrients. Your body will act almost like a sponge and use them cals very efficiently.

I'm gonna have to give this a go.
Just the thought of not having to eat every couple of hours sounds very appealing.

So my fasting period will be from 0100-1700 hours.

During the 8 hour feed does meal frequency come into play?
Can u only have 2 meals if u reach your desired calorie intake?
Or do you need to space out on like 3 meals or so?

Meal frequency isn't all that important, other than taking in the largest part of your cals in your post workout meal. I do 2-3 meals a day every day. Generally 2 large ones and 1 smaller one on workout days.

Your plan is fine bro. You just won't get the extra little benefit of fasted cardio, but no big deal. You will still have amazing results. I also workout at 6-7 AM and then break fast at noon. Feel free to use your pure workout no problem. Just stay away from the pure workouts with sugar and cals in them. The calorie free ones are fine. BCAAs before and after weight training and every two hours before breaking fast is recommended also.

Whatever your diet is set up like, just do the same and put it into that 8 hour window. Ideally, you would want to consume the largest part in your fast breaker (post workout) meal. In that meal try to get a decent amount of carbs and protein. I go for 100g protein minimum with 60%-70% of my daily carbs in that meal as well. Your body will be very anabolic at the fast breaking stage, and this is where you can reap the most benefits from your nutrients. Your body will act almost like a sponge and use them cals very efficiently.

Thats great thanks, just one more thing, also bought myself 12 lbs of my pws shake lol 40g pro and 40g carbs per serving

Can i include that in my "post workout/ fast break meal"

My idea so far is this :

NO explode and bcaas 5.30 am train 6am to 7am weights

7am bcaas

9am - bcaas

11am bcaas

1pm - meal 1
Shake 40g whey 40g carbs
80g raw oats
200g chicken breasts
1 x apple

4pm - meal 2
200g extra lean mince with 200g brown rice and veges
1 whey shake (50g pro)
1 tablespoon peanut butter

Cardio 6.30 to 7.30

8.30pm - meal 3
1 tub cottage cheese
1 scoop whey
250 greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon olive oil

Something like that? thats just an example havent worked out my macros yet, but currently 224 lbs 5 ft 11, but holding a fair bit of fat from bulker, and yes currently on cycle as well.

Okay Rick, I have a few questions:
I'm 6ft 188lbs. bf 14% 38 years old

I'm a teacher and I'm a single dad with two small kids. Since this is summer I can run IF any way I want, but once I get back to teaching things will change. On cardio days, I get up at 4am becuase I can do that at home and this is if my 1 year old or three year old dont get uo in the middle of my workout. I have to drop them off at daycare and then get to work by seven. I won't get off wrok until 3, get my kids about 3:30 and make it to the gym by 4:00. I hope this amkes sense?

Anyways how would you set up IF on the schedule? From my understanding I am supposed to all of my calories in an 8 hour window, but the biggest protion of thise calories should come after your weight training workout which I can't do until after 4:00
Do I just do the intermittant fasting from 10-6? My workouts ususally last about an 1.5 hours so by the time I make it home and feed the kids it would be 6 b4 i ate. I typically go to bed right after my kids about 9.

I hope that makes sense.

Ok Rick. I'm trying to dial in my macros and calories for workout and non workout days. I'm gonna track them like a Nazi for awhile until I get a feel for where I should be. Could you , for simplicity sake, tell us approx what percent calorie deficit of maintenance levels u recommend for off days and what percent cal surplus you recommend for workout days? Also what's your protien per pound of bodyweight/lbm suggestions for both days? Thanks very much.

Thats great thanks, just one more thing, also bought myself 12 lbs of my pws shake lol 40g pro and 40g carbs per serving

Can i include that in my "post workout/ fast break meal"

My idea so far is this :

NO explode and bcaas 5.30 am train 6am to 7am weights

7am bcaas

9am - bcaas

11am bcaas

1pm - meal 1
Shake 40g whey 40g carbs
80g raw oats
200g chicken breasts
1 x apple

4pm - meal 2
200g extra lean mince with 200g brown rice and veges
1 whey shake (50g pro)
1 tablespoon peanut butter

Cardio 6.30 to 7.30

8.30pm - meal 3
1 tub cottage cheese
1 scoop whey
250 greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon olive oil

Something like that? thats just an example havent worked out my macros yet, but currently 224 lbs 5 ft 11, but holding a fair bit of fat from bulker, and yes currently on cycle as well.

Your plan looks good and having the post workout shake with your fast breaking meal is fine. I do that myself with added carbs to hit my protein/carb/calorie targets for the meal.

Okay Rick, I have a few questions:
I'm 6ft 188lbs. bf 14% 38 years old

I'm a teacher and I'm a single dad with two small kids. Since this is summer I can run IF any way I want, but once I get back to teaching things will change. On cardio days, I get up at 4am becuase I can do that at home and this is if my 1 year old or three year old dont get uo in the middle of my workout. I have to drop them off at daycare and then get to work by seven. I won't get off wrok until 3, get my kids about 3:30 and make it to the gym by 4:00. I hope this amkes sense?

Anyways how would you set up IF on the schedule? From my understanding I am supposed to all of my calories in an 8 hour window, but the biggest protion of thise calories should come after your weight training workout which I can't do until after 4:00
Do I just do the intermittant fasting from 10-6? My workouts ususally last about an 1.5 hours so by the time I make it home and feed the kids it would be 6 b4 i ate. I typically go to bed right after my kids about 9.

I hope that makes sense.

10-6 would work great for you, and in your instance since you workout in the afternoon, you would eat your biggest meal (post workout) and have the smaller meal or meals for the fast breaker.

Top Bottom