Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

http://oi47.tinypic.com/un1mr.jpg

I've been following IF and doing an RPT style training since May 21st.. Is a deload week necessary? I've gone up from 270lbx6 deadlift to 305lbx6 deadlift, 185lb x 6 bench to 212.5lb x 6, and 285lb x 6 squat to 315lb x 6 squats... I lost 6 lbs during this time and weigh 172lbs, I'm 6'2 and it looks like im in single digits BF%....

I feel like I can keep going up in weights, but I'm interested in finding out if I should have a deload week and then continue up after or keep going how I am going for a few more weeks before I deload..

Also, I do not count my calories (I know I should) but as I stated earlier I have lost 6 pounds... I would like to get into the 180-185 range but stay at 10 or below % body fat... Any suggestions? I'm pretty much stuffing my face at every meal haha.. I'm just pretty lanky.. I am an ectomorph (as you can see haha), so what should I do to put on that weight of LEAN muscle and remain at a lower BF

First of all, nice progress! You are definitely in single digits, and judging just by the picture I would say you are somewhere between 8-9%.

As for trying to add mass, I would go with a bigger surplus on days that you workout. I know that you say you don't count cals, but you may have to at least make sure you are in the ballpark to add the weight. Adding in about 500 calories to your lifting days is a good start, and if you aren't gaining quickly enough you can add more....if you are gaining fat too quickly you can cut back to 300 or so. Adjustment is the key. Watch where you are every 2 weeks and go from there.

As long as you are making continued progression in the gym, and your body feels great....there is no need for a deload just yet. When you stall on making progress, or your body feels run down would be when a deload or time off would be beneficial to you.

Good luck to you bud ;)

First of all, nice progress! You are definitely in single digits, and judging just by the picture I would say you are somewhere between 8-9%.

As for trying to add mass, I would go with a bigger surplus on days that you workout. I know that you say you don't count cals, but you may have to at least make sure you are in the ballpark to add the weight. Adding in about 500 calories to your lifting days is a good start, and if you aren't gaining quickly enough you can add more....if you are gaining fat too quickly you can cut back to 300 or so. Adjustment is the key. Watch where you are every 2 weeks and go from there.

As long as you are making continued progression in the gym, and your body feels great....there is no need for a deload just yet. When you stall on making progress, or your body feels run down would be when a deload or time off would be beneficial to you.

Good luck to you bud ;)

Sounds good.. I guess I'll try to starting counting things a bit more and keep track from there.. I've been logging everything else so might as well start counting calories too...! It just seems so hard for me to put on any weight :[

I'll keep you guys updated and thanks for the advice!

I think coffee is a great thing to have during the fasting period if that is something you like to have. Stimulants in general are recommended and encouraged by Martin during the fasting period (especially around training) for a variety of reasons including but not limited to an obvious increase in energy and performance, as well as the appetite suppression to help with the fasting that stimulants provide.

The thing to look at during the fasting period is caloric value and what may or may not cause an insulin release. Obviously adding things like milk and sugar to the coffee will do this.

I've been drinking my coffee straight black for awhile. Good to know, thanks!

Sent from my PG86100 using EliteFitness

coffe raises blood glucose by a bit..its a bizarre phenomenon ....I wouldn't suggest cutting it out tho...just throwing that out there

coffe raises blood glucose by a bit..its a bizarre phenomenon ....I wouldn't suggest cutting it out tho...just throwing that out there

That is true that it does a very small amount, but it does return to the normal fasted state quickly and makes probably no discernible difference overall in your fasting benefits

I know if I don't drink a cup I will feel real tired and a bit lethargic sometimes almost faint. It's either that or eat real soon in AM.

I know if I don't drink a cup I will feel real tired and a bit lethargic sometimes almost faint. It's either that or eat real soon in AM.

Yeah...coffee is kind of needed in the morning, but if I am going to be successful with IF, then I will do whatever it takes even putting coffee on hold for a bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

I am very keen to give this a try, my aim is purely to lose bodyfat at this stage.

My usualy cutting plan is 300g pro a day 200g carbs (100 pre workout 100 post workout) and around 60-70g fats a day

I am still struggling to wrap my head around this approach as i train weights in the am at 6am to 7am and i do my cardio at night from 6.30 to 7.30pm, i wish i could swop them around but my training partner can only do weights in the am.

How would i adapt this diet to this schedule.

Also i use NO Explode pre workout (just bought a huge tub) can i still use this 30min before morning workout and will it still be essential that i purchase bcaas?

Thanks for any assistance

I'm gonna have to give this a go.
Just the thought of not having to eat every couple of hours sounds very appealing.

So my fasting period will be from 0100-1700 hours.

During the 8 hour feed does meal frequency come into play?
Can u only have 2 meals if u reach your desired calorie intake?
Or do you need to space out on like 3 meals or so?

Top Bottom