Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent fasting for an average Joe

Xthyo

How good is theintermittent fasting for a normal guy who wants to shed some weight,and get in better shape? For many reasons I don't always have thechance to eat according to a diet in terms of proteins, and sugars,etc. But I do can easily not eat for some time, and just eat in acertain period of time. So does it actually work for fat loss?

It can be very effective. I recommend the 16/8 to start off. Just make sure you get the total calories you want in your feeding window.

I think it's effective but like @stevesmi said - just because you're intermit fasting doesn't necessarily mean you will loose weight. You still need to be in a calorie deficit at the end of the day. If you eat too much during the feeding period, you will gain weight just like if you eat too much throughout the day.

Where IF benefits people is because you eat for less hours of the day, most people find it easier reduce total calorie intake since you can only eat so much at a single meal.

It can be effective, but as it has been mentioned above - you will still need to eat below your usual calorie intake in order to lose weight. Therefore, you will be fine if you don't eat much in that feeding window. I would personally recommend you the carb cycling diet, as it is not restrictive, and you can still lose weight. It is a very easy to follow diet, to such an extent, that it can be easily adopted as a lifestyle. You can find more information about it here - https://www.evolutionary.org/cycling-carbohydrates

Thank you guys for the good explannation - in such case it does not make sense to do this fasting, if in the end I will still eat the same, but all at once. Don't see the point in standing this hunger....the carb cycling diet looks nice - thanks for the recommendation! How does it work - do you notice the results?

You definitely notice the results, and you get to lose fat rather easily. What I like the most about the carb cycling, is that after following it for a bit, it just becomes a way of living, and not a diet that you regard as something temporary. Ever since I found out about it, I keep following it, and I am as happy as I could be. I have tried lots of different diets before, and this one seems to work best.

Thank you guys for the good explannation - in such case it does not make sense to do this fasting, if in the end I will still eat the same, but all at once. Don't see the point in standing this hunger....the carb cycling diet looks nice - thanks for the recommendation! How does it work - do you notice the results?

like musky said above.. at the end of the day are you in a deficit? you do need to feel hungry man, otherwise you aren't in a deficit

try drinking a lot of water to blunt the appetite

Appetite is a GOOD thing. It's a sign that you are burning body fat and that you have a healthy metabolism.

There is a big difference between tolerable hunger and starvation. You aren't starving. You live in a developed country where there is a fast food store on every block. Don't be scared of a little bit of hunger.

Top Bottom