Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent fasting

Damn! To be honest bro, if I don't eat every 3-4 hours, I get really weak and very irritable. I find it VERY hard to stay a "nice guy".

I start to snap at people. I get moody. I get irritable. I become negative as hell!

How can I avoid this?

After a week or two of doing IF you probably won't even get hungry anymore during the fast because your body will be used to it. You just have to man up and battle through it, and then it gets easier. Its 99% mental, and you aren't getting weak and lethargic... you just "think" you are. My workouts are even better fasted vs fed

It throws out the whole "eat 5-6 meals a day" or "eat often" theories huh

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

It throws out the whole "eat 5-6 meals a day" or "eat often" theories huh

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

Fuck ya it does, wait till you start seeing the reaping benefits of the insulin sensitivity. I find while fasted my biceps blow up lol. Like a pumped up feeling 24/7

Also I find the hunger passes on day 1 for me. Anytime I switch to the 16/8 IF I find after I miss the first meal I'm used to yeah , I'm hungry, but as I carry on at work my body switches modes and I forget about the hunger and I start to feel almost " high" ya know? Like just feel good, energetic and happy. I skip my second meal and I so feel hungry again as I see my coworkers eat but it's all mental man, if I wasn't sitting there on lunch break it wouldn't phase me. And by the time you do get to eat boy it's rewarding and I feel it's near impossible to store fat as the body just sucks up the nutrients.

Digestion gets way better for me also. When I eat 6 meals a day trying to gain I always feel like I'm gassy or bloated

What time of day do you work out?

For me, I fast from 9:00pm until 1:00pm. I train AM around 6:30-7:00 in the morning for an hour. I take 10g bcaa before I workout, 10g around 9:00am, and then 10g at 11:00 (drink a cup of coffee inbetween the 9-11). I start eating at 1:00pm. The bcaa's and coffee hold the stomach growls and anger (I feel ya:) ) at bay.

After a couple weeks I didn't even notice it.

I wake up at 6am to start begin med school at 8am. I then get a break from 12:45 until 2:30pm. I begin training at 1pm, train for one hour, shower get dressed and drink a shake (or eat in class). I continue classes up until 5 or 6pm. I'm then in bed at 11pm.

After a week or two of doing IF you probably won't even get hungry anymore during the fast because your body will be used to it. You just have to man up and battle through it, and then it gets easier. Its 99% mental, and you aren't getting weak and lethargic... you just "think" you are. My workouts are even better fasted vs fed

I feel "mentally" weak. I lose aggression. I lose the gusto for all things. I become irritable when I have to think. I lose interest. I can't focus in class. I'm in med school, I need to be sharp and alert at all times.

I feel "mentally" weak. I lose aggression. I lose the gusto for all things. I become irritable when I have to think. I lose interest. I can't focus in class. I'm in med school, I need to be sharp and alert at all times.

It might not be the right time for you to try this. You really will adjust after a couple weeks but sounds like you are into some intense studying. May be best to hold off anything new if whatever you are doing is working well. Will you have a break after school to adjust? I wouldn't try it working as an RN, either, if it makes you mentally weak to not eat for 4 hours :)

It might not be the right time for you to try this. You really will adjust after a couple weeks but sounds like you are into some intense studying. May be best to hold off anything new if whatever you are doing is working well. Will you have a break after school to adjust? I wouldn't try it working as an RN, either, if it makes you mentally weak to not eat for 4 hours :)

Yeah. LOL.

At the 3rd hour the stomach pains begins. That's when I start to lose focus and concentration; food keeps going through my mind. By the 4th hour is when I start to feel mentally and physically weak; the nasty mood starts to set. By the 5th hour it's "everybody and everything can kiss my ass!". LOL

I once snapped at a professor at med school. Seems like he was going around the class asking questions, but I had no idea because it was already the 4th hour of me not eating. He asked me a question several times, but I had no idea, not until someone behind me tapped me on the shoulder. LOL My reply? "Bro, I don't know, please ask someone else." I later had to apologize to the professor and explain to him that that's what happens to me when he denies me of nutrition and energy.

Top Bottom