Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interesting claim for milk

^^^ come food shopping with me sometime, i will show you what to buy. its easier than you think

but seriously this is a fitness site bro and the diet section. i have a responsibility as a leader of this site to spread knowledge, if you don't want to take my advice then thats your business. no problem whatsoever.

you want to eat cereal every morning with milk then great. just don't think its good for you. if you ate scrambled eggs it would be 10X better

you look good btw, when i used to drink milk I had an 8 pack too... i was doing a lot of running lol.

Last edited:
^^^ come food shopping with me sometime, i will show you what to buy. its easier than you think

but seriously this is a fitness site bro and the diet section. i have a responsibility as a leader of this site to spread knowledge, if you don't want to take my advice then thats your business. no problem whatsoever.

you want to eat cereal every morning with milk then great. just don't think its good for you. if you ate scrambled eggs it would be 10X better

you look good btw, when i used to drink milk I had an 8 pack too... i was doing a lot of running lol.

Thanks man!

I hope I'm not coming across argumentative, at least not in a bad way. This is GREAT info and has really got me considering things I never have before. I learn by challenging/debating people who know more or have a different point of view. It DOES make me wonder if ill be even better without milk, but I also wonder if its worth stopping when I don't "need" to. Ill admit milk is the easy way out for me to get calories. I can drink lots of liquid, but eating solid food upwards of 4,000cal is difficult for me.

^^^ i remember 5 years ago on a fitness site i debated a guy on gatorade. he kept telling me gatorade was good to drink because athletes drink it. I LOL'd. I mean gatorade is the official sponsor of the NFL!! it must be good!! and subway is the official restaurant of the nfl!! and jared looks so good, he gets all those girls in those commercials.. went from being obese to just fat.

today how many guys drink gatorade? not many at all.. its just a beverage that fat people buy to get their sugar fix. i remember seeing a lot of gatorade at gyms years ago, now i might see 1 or 2 idiots carrying it around. who eats subway seriously? maybe some naive teens or guys too lazy or cheap to buy a decent sandwich or make their own.

anyway you will see in another 5-10 years milk will be almost gone from most peoples diets. if you look up the stats on the dairy industry we are consuming less and less dairy vs. population growth and dairy farming is becoming obsolete just like how the citrus industry dissapeared in the US. orange groves in FL went from golf courses when it was a money maker, to orange groves, to now they are suburbs. its just not a profitable industry anymore, thats why the oranges you buy in stores are never from FL, they are from california picked by some illegal mexicans for dirt cheap or overseas. you can't own a citrus grove and sell your oranges and make money on it anymore, not possible

there was a time when you had the milk man deliver milk, that was at the height of the boom when people were making money as dairy farmers, now track down where that milk you are drinking comes from. probably some corporate farm in the midwest run by some billion dollar company.

http://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=660 <<< here is a chart.. its been slowly dropping .. i think as long as the health trends amongst young people continue you will see it drop very fast over the next 10 years.. you will also see the continued growth of whole foods and other specialty grocery stores.. people care a lot about their health, especially the younger generations

Interesting graph. Milk consumption has declined, but in 2005 it was still 20 gallons per year average per person. That's a lot for an average, considering how many people don't drink any due to lactose intolerence etc. It's far from going away.

^^^ well yeah considering the dairy industry spent 1.1B on advertising and milk is given to kids in schools all across the country of course its gonna be high. you could advertise pig guts and give it to kids and i bet the stats would be the same. but even with that crazy ad push in the mid 90's the trend is still dropping anyway which is a good thing.

and then to top it off schools are reducing P/E to shorten school days. so our kids are getting fatter and fatter.. diabetes is sky high amongst kids. its a troubling trend.. really if you have a kid you should be packing their lunches and then after school taking them to the park or gym to play.. but parents these days are either too lazy or don't have the time for that .

Top Bottom