Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Instant Oatmeal Really that bad?

TheShit

Hey guys,

I am currently on a bulking diet and I want to keep my foods clean but I can't find a good way to make oatmeal taste good. The way i like to eat it is with 1/2 cup quaker quick oats added to 1 pack of Quaker Instant Maple and Brown Sugar. Total grams of sugar come to 14 grams here, and there is just enough sweetness to make it enjoyable.

I have tried adding blackberries and apples with plain oats and it didn't taste good. I tried adding protien powder (chocolate) and that was bad. I tried adding brown sugar and that was OK but I don't see how that is any better than using 1 pack of instant flavored oatmeal. The grams of sugar come out the same. Somebody suggested adding raisens but those puppies are very high in sugar content, is there some difference in the GI's of these sugars or something?

My big problem with eating clean is every damn meal I eat tastes so bland. My other big beef is how to make brown rice taste good. Should I hire a personal chef?

Apples and cinnamon is the best, if you are bulking I won't kill, but if you are cutting that is a different story.

I think that's a lot of sugar, even on a bulking diet. You've got the sugar carbs there, plus the carbs from the oatmeal itself. I think you'd be much better off using the plain oatmeal with fruit and nutrasweet, like Honeynut said.

Try it w/ sugar free syrup mixed in that is what I do it is delicious.

No sugar and only 10 calories / quarter cup

it probably sounds pretty gross but I use non-flavored oatmeal and I put equal (sugar substitute) sugarfree pancake syurp, and a little peanut butter in there....but then again...I'm on a cutting diet so there's really no need for you to use the sugar substitute of the sugarless syrup.....just go with the regular stuff.

OK,

So I am looking at a box of raisins right now. The box list 29 grams of sugars in 1/4 cup of raisins. So lets assume you go light on the raisins and add only 1/8 a cup to your oatmeal. You are still getting about 15 grams of sugar, as opposed to 13 grams with the maple and brown sugar instant pack of oatmeal. It looks about the same right, the only difference I could see is maybe if the GI of raisins is much lower that that of brown sugar and maple syrup. I don't have a GI table that includes this stuff so I guess I don't really know the answer.

That sugar free maple syrup sure sounds like a good idea though. I'll try that next week!

Top Bottom