Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Inner Pec and closing the gap

Swanson Smash

Looking for some suggestions on exercises thats worked for people on the board. My chest lacks the definition that my arms and shoulders have. The chest seems to be building slower than the rest of my body. Id like to close the gap between the two pecs. So what are some exercises that you guys are using or have used thats helped with this. I've done flys. Dumbells flys. Dumbells flys with a wrist twist squeeze. Cable cross evers. etc.

I would forget isolation stuff and concentrate on heavy, compound movements with good form. Use a weight where you are not "shoulder benching" or overusing the tri's. Many folks let their egos run away with them and try to do weights that they really cannot handle, and this really usually bypasses the chest. (not saying anything bad, but been around a long time and trained alot of folks). If this is your case, then ego needs to be checked at the door. :)

Not a fan of "isolation exercises" myself either. Pec lines, closing the gap between pectorals...is more about getting your bodyfat levels down. Aside from that heavy dumbell and incline dumbell presses are my two favorites for size. (Barbells too if you use good form. For many people it's almost a front delt workout than it is chest) Get stronger and you'll get bigger which will ultimately close that gap and give your pecs a more defined "fuller" look.

forget about targeting the shit, cause if you have a large gap there, it's genetics pal, and basically you're fucked...

Inner pec development for me....would be heavy cable crossovers. Do them as heavy as you can and squeeze as hard as you can when your hands meet in the middle. Great exercise!

well, i do a couple of things that seem to help. when i do pec deck, i try and touch my wrists together at the contraction. you prolly won't be able to do it, but it makes for a more intense contraction. you have to almost straighten your arms completely. second, i'll do smith machine inclines, with a medium/narrow grip and i'll angle my palms on the bar, so i can flare my elbows wide and once again, contract hard at the top. the closer the grip, the better. works the inner/upper pecs quite well.

Top Bottom