Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Important to eat before workouts?

whatboi7

Would you guys say its important to be eating before workouts ? Or can you recommend exercising on an empty stomach ?

I never eat before I train. At least two hours of no food before I hit the gym. I prefer to train completely fasted in the morning, but if time does not permit I will train in the afternoon. I want my body to prioritize its functions to my performance in the gym, and not digestion. I had to train myself to do this. I also only eat for an hour window every day, so I typically have three large meals that begin around noon.

It depends on the person and obviously the sport you are doing.
I usually eat something before going to gym.

And I don't care what anybody says but once you got everything else in place nutrient timing can actually make quite a significant difference in your performance. So don't neglect your eating.

If you want to build muscle you gotta feed your body and its needs. Period.
If you train like an animal and eat like a bird you are not gonna get anywhere. Plain and Simple.

most people are best off not consuming anything before training

if you feel like you HAVE TO have something or you can't workout then you trained your body to be insulin resistant. especially if you consume sugary things like protein bars.

you want to tap into adrenaline when you workout and ironically drinking coffee or pre workouts suppress adrenaline. your adrenaline is highest in a fasted state.. my best workouts ever were during a prolonged fast. also when you eat food before your workout your body must digest/process that food, so it makes no sense for it to waste energy it could be using

caffeine and sugar are both no-no's preworkout.. if you are used to doing that and decide to take my advice it will be hard at first no doubt but your body will adjust super quick and after 2 or 3 weeks you won't ever want to eat again pre workout trust me.

Depends your goal man if your trying to get bigger and stronger than I would, but if you have health issues and or trying to be healthier or lose fat I would train fasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'd NEVER eat nothing (why if I don't have to) people make a massive mistake ignoring that if they train early (which I have) they did eat YESTERDAY. It's very very rare that we wake up really hungry. Most people eat enough the previous day so as to be able to cope.

90% of my training is done around 10am or so. All I've eaten is (this was yesterday):

1 x cup of tea, 1 bowl of wheat biscuits (2 and a half) with milk and sugar. My usual morning supps. Then a cup of coffee before and another at the gym.

Go check my log. I did 13 sets total inc sets of 20 and 15's for legs. My total calorific intake would be... 500? 600 tops.

I know people like Jay Cutler would say '2 meals minimum' etc etc.

While I'd NEVER eat nothing (why if I don't have to) people make a massive mistake ignoring that if they train early (which I have) they did eat YESTERDAY. It's very very rare that we wake up really hungry. Most people eat enough the previous day so as to be able to cope.

90% of my training is done around 10am or so. All I've eaten is (this was yesterday):

1 x cup of tea, 1 bowl of wheat biscuits (2 and a half) with milk and sugar. My usual morning supps. Then a cup of coffee before and another at the gym.

Go check my log. I did 13 sets total inc sets of 20 and 15's for legs. My total calorific intake would be... 500? 600 tops.

I know people like Jay Cutler would say '2 meals minimum' etc etc.
So much truth in this. Your body both from a protein standpoint and glycogen store standpoint will have more than plenty of nutrients to fuel your workouts provided your meals were adequate the day before. I have trained longterm in both fed and fasted states. I've never seen a bit of difference in performance. I now train completely fasted and eat post workout which can actually have a huge benefit on it's own due to higher nutrient uptake, insulin spike, and increased anabolism versus already having a meal or two in.

Top Bottom