Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Importance of sleep

Stubby

Just wondering how many hours of sleep once should get minimum. I work about 40 miles away so the 80 mile round trip by train (+delays) leaves me exhausted and with little time in the evenings and no time in the mornings. I leave at 6:30 am for work and get back around 7:00pm. Im struggling with fitting an evening meal in and training and having some carbs after the session. I realize its important not to eat to close to a workout because of the blood going to the gut and not muscles. Short of leaving my job and getting work closer to home, I don't see what else I can do.

ooo, the original question, I find im not going to be till 11:00pm at the earliest (and this is rare) usually go at 12:00 - 1am thus giving me 5 - 6 hours a night sleep. I feel drained all the time so I know this must have a knock on effect to my training and well being in general.

Ive heard that 8 hours min of sleep is the norm.

Sleep needs differ from person to person and vary depending on age. The older you are the less sleep you need, the younger the more. Primarily due to growth.

So really do require close to 8 hours of sleep/day for optimum growth. However if youa re trying to lose weight, less sleep is probably better, because you burn more calories while awake then asleep. The problem being you also have a longer time to get hungry and eat.

If you feel tired, and don't have energy and are irritable etc.... then you need more sleep.

Sleep is also cummulative, ou can make up for lack of it on the weekends to a certain extent.

or if your life is really too demanding and you can't dial in 8hrs try an eca stack with your cutting.

also, since you're prolly cutting, chances are you are not eating enough if you feel like complete shit. perhaps not enough carbs for you?

post your diet and let's see if i remember to come to this post to answer you.
;)

Top Bottom