Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

im looking for anyone who experiences crazy contradictions in diet like me

splizzit

I have always been a strange mix of contradictions in my training and diet.

ex: I eat less calories when I train with weights and more on break to keep n maintain my weight and gains. (im way hungrier when I'm on a cruise and couch surfing - yet I either maintain or lose weight with the increased calories.

here is my recent riddle. :
im on an HST weight lifting cycle. (i normally do other more low volume cycles)
im on a carb cycling diet where I eat high carbs on days training with weights and mod/low on off days (normally I eat more protein but I'm at 1g/bw lb except on low carb days now).
Im a super hard gainer. im 5'8" and have never been able to push past 161 lbs on any exercise or aas cycle without all gains being fat. I have been experimenting for decades. I am a macro nazi so my diet is outstanding as I cook almost every meal for myself.

ok. so I am on aas and hst and made some gains. - I gained 2 lbs to 161 at 15% fat (the gains wer lean). I was eating 2700 calories as my maintenance is 2400. most astonishing, my strength gains are phenomenal and consistent. I'm 7 weeks in on the cycles and I decided I want to gain more muscle mass so I upped my calories to 3000 PLUS I'm using my fitbit to add even more exercise calorie requirements.
since then, I have LOST 2 lbs and my fat % has gone up. I find im forcing myself to eat. btw. I eat like every 2 hours - even during sleep hours.
my strength gains continue. wth!
so many bros telling me I not gaining muscle mass cuz im not eating enough.
I take 40g whey and 60g dextrose after every weights session. i have never eaten this many carbs but I was having great luck until I increased my total calories!

thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the reason for eating dextrose?

that is for guys who inject insulin and want to prevent hypo issues.. i would take that out man, that will probably fix a lot of your concerns

bodybuilders take it.
yes insulin. the magic hormone that pushes what u eat into your muscles. many non-diabetic bodybuilders actually inject insulin (slin) to get past a plateau n grow. it's dangerous, so the next best thing, spike your insulin with the fastest digesting protein (whey) and fast carb (dextrose).

thanx for the response and pointing out something odd, especially to non-bodybuilding community, but my problem was there b4 dextrose and the science on its use is solid.

thanks agsin

Dextrose will give you very short term benefits in regards to energy. better increase the amount of protein, and find a healthier source of carbs.

Remember that WHAT You eat is just as important as how much.

I train people for a living. Time and time again skinny guys come to me complaining that they can't gain weight. They eat nothing but junk food thinking that it'll benefit them because it's high in calories. As soon as I put them on a proper well balanced diet with unprocessed foods - they start growing and gaining weight.

Here is an example of a good quality lean mass diet:

I would just eat 1.5g protein per lb body fat, stay under 100g of carbs each day, and fill the remaining calories in with fat. Likely you are eating way too many carbs thus causing the fat gain. I would also question your gear.

Dextrose will give you very short term benefits in regards to energy. better increase the amount of protein, and find a healthier source of carbs.

im not looking for energy. I'm taking it AFTER the weights session. to spike insulin.

I would just eat 1.5g protein per lb body fat, stay under 100g of carbs each day, and fill the remaining calories in with fat. Likely you are eating way too many carbs thus causing the fat gain. I would also question your gear.

I've been doing that even eating 2g protein per lb. even and ckd cycling. I have never pushed past 161. if carbs won't do it then I guess nothing will. and it's not far gain. that's the contradiction. I'm only losing muscle. fat %! is going up as total bw going DOWN.

Remember that WHAT You eat is just as important as how much.

I train people for a living. Time and time again skinny guys come to me complaining that they can't gain weight. They eat nothing but junk food thinking that it'll benefit them because it's high in calories. As soon as I put them on a proper well balanced diet with unprocessed foods - they start growing and gaining weight.

Here is an example of a good quality lean mass diet:

my diet looks just like that. better.
sweet potatoes. lean chicken n mest. fish. whole grain pasta. good fats oatmeal. kale. steamed. etc etc. I don't eat junk food.

all this is good discussion and I greatly appreciate, but the weird thing that's bothering me. is no matter how good or shit ur diet is. carbs etc. when u add 1000 freaking calories on n over. the result should be u gain weight. Any kind of weight. not lose.

Top Bottom