Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you eat more protein, you'll build more muscle a myth??

jb160

To a point, sure. But put down the shake for a sec. Protein promotes the muscle-building process, called protein synthesis, "but you don't need exorbitant amounts to do this," says John Ivy, Ph.D., coauthor of Nutrient Timing. If you're working out hard, consuming more than 0.9 to 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a waste. Excess protein breaks down into amino acids and nitrogen, which are either excreted or converted into carbohydrates and stored.

I dont know how some of the guys on this board eat the amounts of protein they claim. I saw a post few weeks ago of someone talking about eating 500 Grams of protein.

Dunno Id like to hear more peoples opionions on this one though.

Look, in bodybuilding we always use the figure apprx. 1g/pound of bodyweight. Some of course go higher and even to the exteme, while some adhere on the side of caution and moderation. Severe high levels of protein have also shown to have a negative affect on a persons liver.

We use this figure 1g/lb because it is a good figure. Basically your body can only process so much protein at one time anyway and the rest goes to waste. This "waste point" is much less than 1g/lb for most people, but we use this figure because some proteins digest must slower than others. I won't get into breakdown timing of different proteins, but basically this is a rough figure to adhere to. Many people can do much less and still have significant gains. By "upping" your protein, your generally using a lot more protein at a lot more times of the day. This helps to give your body a constant and significant flow of protein to your muslces.

SemperFidelis

Paulo said:
What kind of modifier does steroid use place on this theory?

The only AAS that I have heard of specifically stating that it increases protein synthesis is Deca. I imagine that there are others too but deca comes to mind specifically.

You still need X amount of cals per day. How much carbs or fats will you injest if you have 1g/pound of protein? Are you saying you dn`t need the TOTAL number of calories as well or just protein?

250 pound guy gets 250 grams protein/day = 1000 calories. What will he eat for the other cals? What if you`re eating 4, 5, 6thousand cals/day?

I`ll go out on a limb with my limited knowledge and say when using AAS you can definately injest more protein.

JB160 said:
To a point, sure. But put down the shake for a sec. Protein promotes the muscle-building process, called protein synthesis, "but you don't need exorbitant amounts to do this," says John Ivy, Ph.D., coauthor of Nutrient Timing. If you're working out hard, consuming more than 0.9 to 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a waste. Excess protein breaks down into amino acids and nitrogen, which are either excreted or converted into carbohydrates and stored.
If you are training natural this may be the case,however if you're anabolicaly enhanced then nitrogen retention potential increases,as well as the rate of breaking down then building up of muscle fibres.During this protein synthesis will be increased,due to increased anabolism of fibres evoked by higher stress loads from increased exercise intensity. In this scenario 1.5 to 2.0gms/lb of bw is possible.
Keep in mind that this range varies due to the individuals genetics for protein metabolism/utilization and if any meds or supplements are used to increase basal metabolic rate or protein synthesis.
ie.thyroid,ephedrine,clen and other B2agonists,DNP,green tea extract and HGH.

B32

b1ewsw32 said:
If you are training natural this may be the case,however if you're anabolicaly enhanced then nitrogen retention potential increases,as well as the rate of breaking down then building up of muscle fibres.During this protein synthesis will be increased,due to increased anabolism of fibres evoked by higher stress loads from increased exercise intensity. In this scenario 1.5 to 2.0gms/lb of bw is possible.
Keep in mind that this range varies due to the individuals genetics for protein metabolism/utilization and if any meds or supplements are used to increase basal metabolic rate or protein synthesis.
ie.thyroid,ephedrine,clen and other B2agonists,DNP,green tea extract and HGH.

B32
Makes sense. I just wanted to put that up I had read it from a couple of places and wanted everyones opinions on it.

Top Bottom