Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you drink Gatorade during a workout...

Blu Steel

Who out there drinks Gatorade during workouts? I have in the past, but am cutting now so obviously dont want the extra cals/carbs, but its during a glycogen depleting workout, and I take Glucorell R with my breakfast about 1-1.5 hours before lifting. Would 2 Glucorell caps even last until my workout anyway after a carb meal or should I throw more in for the Gatorade, and for those of you who do drink Gatorade during your lifting, how much do you lower simple carbs in your PWO shake? Any suggestions on using (or not using) all this together? Curious if anyone out there has wondered about this?

I drink a large (80 carbs) gatorade during my workout whether I'm cutting or bulking.

You postworkout meal is supposed to do the same thing (rebuild muscle) even if you're cutting.

Unless your workouts are 2 hours or more, you don't need all that sugar. Protein and protein only builds(rebuilds) muscle. Better to chew up some amino acids or liver tabs during your workout and save the sugar for post workout with some whey powder or milk and egg.

hmmmmm, both opinions so far are valid (almost-why liver tabs during a workout?, please explain that). however i will choose a medium between the two. drop all carbs from diet except from 10-15 minutes preworkout, start sipping on the gatorade and sip it till the end of the workout. the carbs are meant to give you just enough sugar to train. then when that wokout is over stop. you dont need it anymore. you have sugar to train and possibly even a nice little insulin spike at the end if you drink a little past the workout. then immediately take in your whey. 1 hour post get your whole food meal in, no carbs necessary if your are cutting hard.

Thanks for your repsonses. I was basically just wondering if anyone here that drinks Gatorade during a workout still includes simple carbs and how many in their PWO shake. And if you use Glucorell R, how do you dose it around this time of day, i.e. 2 caps before breakfast, before workout bc of the gatorade, etc. Thanks for the input!

Liver is a wonderful food, high in essential aminos, B-vitamins, a natural liver protectant, and a natural anti-estrogen. Worried about iron overload, take 200-400 mg of vit. E with your serving of Liver tabs, it will counteract the absorbtion of the iron.

www.vincegironda.com

Drink your whey before workout and eat some one of the following types of fruits:

pineapple
oranges
peaches
strawberrys
watermelon

The fruit will digest as your are working out, and the protein will already be there to start rebuilding your muscles. 20-25g of each prot/carbs is sufficient enough to sustain during a 1-2hour workout for the energy that you need.

I have been following Ulter's suggestion of a few Glucorell and Gatoraid during workouts. I don't do post, but I do eat lunch within 30 minutes. I have felt better with this plan and will stick with it for a while.

I think that people are too hung up over the idea of sugar and it's ability to replenish glycogen(recovery). It is not necessarily sugar but carbohydrates in general, let me explain... All carbs wether it be very simple like dextrose or very much complex like whole wheat or oats will replenish and furnish the body with glycogen, that's what carbohydrates do, they all eventually convert to sugar, the only major difference is the time it takes to do so. Dextrose and sucrose instantly, Oats and wheat probably 2-3 hours.

My point is why not just have 50-80 grams of a complex naturally nutritious whole food carbohydrate source an hour or 2 before your start time and then post workout something like 35-50 grams of sugar with whey protein, why even take anything to the gym or waste money on Gatorade! (Dextrose 2 bucks for 2 pound bag)Bodybuilders don't need a continuous glycogen replenishment like long distance runners, we are doing much less volume.

www.vincegironda.com

Top Bottom