x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

If I'm on a Carb Restricting Diet, can I still eat COLD CEREALS???...

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about If I'm on a Carb Restricting Diet, can I still eat COLD CEREALS???... within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I LOVE cold cereals like Frosted Flakes and Lucky Charms. However, I am trying to keep my carbs below 60 a day. I know that cereal has alot of carbs in it but I heard that as long as what you eat doesnt have carbs AND fat its okay to eat. Is that true or should I avoid sugary cereals and cereals in general?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder

Question If I'm on a Carb Restricting Diet, can I still eat COLD CEREALS???...

I LOVE cold cereals like Frosted Flakes and Lucky Charms. However, I am trying to keep my carbs below 60 a day. I know that cereal has alot of carbs in it but I heard that as long as what you eat doesnt have carbs AND fat its okay to eat. Is that true or should I avoid sugary cereals and cereals in general?

Good Broly
    Just to keep it simple, if you are on a carb restricted diet you need to restrict the carbs.
    For instance you might want to avoid cereal that it coated with sugar and mixed in with marshmallows. Some might say go ahead and eat it after a workout, thats up to you.

Good Broly
    No, you can't eat whatever the hell carbs you want if there is no fat in it. If you're doing a low carbohydrate diet, then you should focus on complex carbs and fiber, ie. no sugar. That means no Lucky Charms, no Frosted Flakes. As for cold cereal, that's up to you! If you're talking about skim milk, that still has quite a bit of sugar although I think it is still considered to be low on the GI. But it's got carbs nonetheless.

If your goal is to stay sub 60g carbs, you may find that a cold bowl of any type of cereal will add up to near 60 damn fast.

Maybe a low carb diet isn't for you? You could try moderate carbs, and keep the calories below maintenance. You'll still lose weight, and be able to have the occasional bowl of fruit loops or whatever you like. If you wanted, you could design a diet consisting entirely of kids cereal and lean protein sources and still lose fat. I wouldn't suggest doing it, but it could work.

Da Pope
    hellmathafuckinno i hope this thread is a joke

Even if simple carbs were allowed on a low carb diet, one bowl of sugar cereal would cover your 60 gr limit. That would mean no carbs for the rest of the day, period.

Simple carbs are not good for ANY type of diet.