Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If I'm on a Carb Restricting Diet, can I still eat COLD CEREALS???...

luto199

I LOVE cold cereals like Frosted Flakes and Lucky Charms. However, I am trying to keep my carbs below 60 a day. I know that cereal has alot of carbs in it but I heard that as long as what you eat doesnt have carbs AND fat its okay to eat. Is that true or should I avoid sugary cereals and cereals in general?

Just to keep it simple, if you are on a carb restricted diet you need to restrict the carbs.
For instance you might want to avoid cereal that it coated with sugar and mixed in with marshmallows. Some might say go ahead and eat it after a workout, thats up to you.

No, you can't eat whatever the hell carbs you want if there is no fat in it. If you're doing a low carbohydrate diet, then you should focus on complex carbs and fiber, ie. no sugar. That means no Lucky Charms, no Frosted Flakes. As for cold cereal, that's up to you! If you're talking about skim milk, that still has quite a bit of sugar although I think it is still considered to be low on the GI. But it's got carbs nonetheless.

If your goal is to stay sub 60g carbs, you may find that a cold bowl of any type of cereal will add up to near 60 damn fast.

Maybe a low carb diet isn't for you? You could try moderate carbs, and keep the calories below maintenance. You'll still lose weight, and be able to have the occasional bowl of fruit loops or whatever you like. If you wanted, you could design a diet consisting entirely of kids cereal and lean protein sources and still lose fat. I wouldn't suggest doing it, but it could work.

Even if simple carbs were allowed on a low carb diet, one bowl of sugar cereal would cover your 60 gr limit. That would mean no carbs for the rest of the day, period.

Simple carbs are not good for ANY type of diet.

Top Bottom