Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideal BPM for max BF loss

al420

What do you think? Also, how accurate do you think the HR monitors are on newer cardio machines?

My ideal cardio would prevent me from getting into a catabolic zone - I have heard that can be handled w/ a shorter, harder workout - or with a slow long session.

So I walk for an hour in the AM on an empty stomach @ a 7% incline on MWF (lifting days in afternoon). I play w/ the incline a little to keep from killing myself so the BPM's are around the 125-140 range. Then TuTh is HIIT in the AM and Muay Thai in the afternoon both at their peak is upwards of 185 BPM(treadmill tells me 210.....)and resting on HIIT gets down to about 165 BPM.

I just started this 2 weeks ago, FYI. So far weight is down 2lbs but I had 3 cheat meals last weekend - I know......

al420 said:
What do you think? Also, how accurate do you think the HR monitors are on newer cardio machines?

My ideal cardio would prevent me from getting into a catabolic zone - I have heard that can be handled w/ a shorter, harder workout - or with a slow long session.

So I walk for an hour in the AM on an empty stomach @ a 7% incline on MWF (lifting days in afternoon). I play w/ the incline a little to keep from killing myself so the BPM's are around the 125-140 range. Then TuTh is HIIT in the AM and Muay Thai in the afternoon both at their peak is upwards of 185 BPM(treadmill tells me 210.....)and resting on HIIT gets down to about 165 BPM.

I just started this 2 weeks ago, FYI. So far weight is down 2lbs but I had 3 cheat meals last weekend - I know......

The HR monitors on new cardio machines are suprisingly very accurate. They are always within 4-7 beats of my actual HR. I personally find about 145 beats per minute to be a great number for fatloss. I believe I use a bit of glycogen at this pace, but more fat as well.

I would reconsider an hour of AM cardio if you are worried about muscle loose. That is very catabolic in my opinion; I would do it some other time during the day, or at least get some amino acids in before then. The HIIT looks good too. The thing about HIIT is you burn most of the fat after you finish cardio, whereas with steady state cardio its the other way around.

Good progess so far though.

Top Bottom