Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideal amount of sugar carbs to have post workout

steel10

Usually after my workouts, I have 8 0z of grape juice (which has about 48 grams of sugar) and 150 calories in order to replace glycogen. Then, after that, I have a protein shake. What is the ideal amount of these sugar carbs to get post workout and is grape juice a high quality source for them? Any feedback appreciated.

i always see ppl sayin to take fruit juices if they want postworkout, but dont fruit juices carbs basically come from fructose? if so this wouldnt be as beneficial as it restores liver glycogen not muscle glycogen. personally i like to take 75 grams dextrose postworkout.

i think you'll find a number of people here taking straight dextrose. for instance, they make take 75g post workout. for me that's a bit too much. i'll have around 30g.

a good place to find this stuff is at a home microbrew store. i can pick up 5lb bags for $5. not bad. needless to say, at 30g's a pop, this stuff will last me a while. don't tell 'em it's for bodybuilding though. don't want them to get a brain fart and start raising the price.

I sometimes take 30g dextrose, 30g maltodextrin, and 30-40g whey with about 30mg of vanadyl sulfate. Very anabolic, but probably not great for cutting.

Top Bottom