Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideal age to get into bodybuilding?

B0ARDIN087

what is the age when the most growth goes on in ur body as far as muscle goes.

Im 16 and have started the bodybuilding lifestyle a little before i turned 16, its been like 8 months.. so far i bulked for 2 months, cut for 1...... cut/maintained all summer.

Mostly i cut with CKD but i have been using Hansel's diet off and on also. I find that with a CKD i can eat semi normal for a few weeks then CKD for a week and a half and end up skinnier.

Right now im cutting to shed the most weight before i bulk. My bulking starts october 9th...... the day ig et my license. I need my license to be able to get to the gym as much as i need to.

I have a bigger frame and im wieghing in at 160 during the mornings when im depleted of my water weight. I hope to drop my bf a few %'s (i dont know it i need calipers, can somoene link me to some online ones to buy) I know i should be bulking right now but its just impossible for me.

I went frmo weighing 195 last summer at probably 20 percent+ bf with some lifting to about 205 but the same fat. Since then its been all cutting for me. A few breaks for vacation and sutff and im a much skinnier person now. O well i went on a ramble but thats my story.

Now for the second question. What kind of gains can i expect frmo a bulking period of october-february?? I dont know what i am (as far as ectomorph or whatever). I WILL be doing everything right i can as far as 10 hours of sleep, proper diet, and proper training. Im just afraid im going to start bulking and put on 20 pounds of fat and like 5 pounds of muscle :(

there is no optimal age in my opinion of when to start,I have been working out since 14(19 now) for sports and such (start 14 120lbs 18-20%bf, now 178 13%bf)and I think its great to get a early start. now at your age you should have no problem adding 10-15lbs in that amount of time,eat a good diet and keep doing some cardio,2-3times a week medium intensity for 45mins and just rest good. since it seems you hold more fat I would def keep the cardio up,I may even suggest cutting until your about 11-12%bf then bulking,its far more healthy to do it in that fashion that to bulk with high bodyfat, because you will add some fat while bulking. do a search for a post called eating to grow , by me ,good advise in there for a bulking diet. and if you need any help at all I will be more than happy to help.

dude you're tripping!!!

forget that cutting bullshit. you're only fucking with your hormonal balance which at your age shouldnt be fucked with..

and ckd sucks ass!
you may shed mad fat but its potentially very dangerous.

focus on bulking bro. build as much lean body mass as possible for it'll make it easier to shed the fat later.

its hard to add lean mass for anybody let anyone a teen who more then likely wont have the dedication,believe me I have been there and more a less still am. and I feel bulking at a high bodyfat is bad for everyone,why get such high bp from bulking with the extra fat when you can go in phases of cutting and bulking. and I dont see how it messes with hormone balance as mine are just fine and I did hardcore cutting cycles,just take vitamins to get nutrients your missing

satchboogie said:

and ckd sucks ass!

focus on bulking bro. build as much lean body mass as possible for it'll make it easier to shed the fat later.

CKD's do suck big ass! Target your carbs around activity. Your muscles need glycogen restored to grow and CKD's don't do that. If you have the discipline to do a CKD, then targeting carbs around weight training should not be a problem for you.

well....... first off i have the dedication without a doubt, i toldu all i cant bulk till october becuz i can only get to the gym 3 times a week tops. im at about 12 percent bf i would estimate so im really close to where i want to be as far as bf goes. I hope to greatly change my physique tho. I have a wider build with big legs and lanky arms...... 6'2" height..... broad shoulders. big problem area is my arms :( o well thanks for the input. Im sure my bulking will go great!

satchboogie said:
dude you're tripping!!!

forget that cutting bullshit. you're only fucking with your hormonal balance which at your age shouldnt be fucked with..

and ckd sucks ass!

How is CKD dangerous? I do not believe it is dangerous, if it is I guess I have been living on the *edge* for a couple of years :). I think for a 16 year old it would be a better idea to focus on a moderate carb approach. Just staying away from crap food and eating lots of veggies, protein and moderate levels of *good* carbs and fats.

overhead said:

How is CKD dangerous? I do not believe it is dangerous, if it is I guess I have been living on the *edge* for a couple of years :). I think for a 16 year old it would be a better idea to focus on a moderate carb approach. Just staying away from crap food and eating lots of veggies, protein and moderate levels of *good* carbs and fats.
for me.... no carbs is easire than moderate carbs..

Right, I also would like to know how a CKD is dangerous? Alot of our ancestors survived on keto diets quite well. Actually, the idea of eating large amounts of carbs, and even grains for that matter, is very new to the human race from an evolutary standpoint. One needs more than a couple thousand years to properly adapt to such a massive change in food sources. One could easily argue that a modern "balanced diet" is unatural, and very dangerous. Humans had evolved to survive on a meat/green veggie diet until very recently. Granted, humans are very adaptable, however if we are arguing about what is dangerous, or what is natural from an evolutionary perspective, a diet similar to the adkins diet (different from a CKD, but still a keto diet) would win the arguement.

at your age, I would not do a ckd, although I do not necessarily consider them dangerout. Just stay away from all sugars and white flour sources, keep the efa's high, and make sure you're getting adequate protein. It'll happen. I'd wait till your body finishes all it's hormonal changes and growth patterns until you do any diets too drastic.

Top Bottom