Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I never realized how much protein is in tuna

My last cycle (sust) i ate 2 cans for dinner with 4 slices of bread and slammed it down with a protein shake. On other days i would grill some steak or chicken for subsitute.

BeefyBull said:

Tuna in Oil is extremely high in fat, which is probably why it tastes better to you. Just get some Lemon Pepper, it kills the fish taste.

just extract the oil and use it to mix with your Finakit...lol

anyone ever try salmon in a can? heard it tastes similar to tuna slightly different though...and it has pretty much the same amount of protein in it.

jenny27 said:
anyone ever try salmon in a can? heard it tastes similar to tuna slightly different though...and it has pretty much the same amount of protein in it.

Yeah but it's got bones in it! :puke:

JC

I love tuna, but I've only been consuming it in large quantities for about 5 monthes now. Usually eat 3 to 4 cans a day.

I know this is a very old thread, but....
Can anyone tell me the name of the protein in tuna????
Everywhere I look I can't find it mentioned.
Any scientific types out there who can help??

Thanks a billion for any info.

worchester sauce is a nice touch. might up the sodium... but, works for me. Drain all the water out and rinse in sink and squeeze the lid down to dry it out. Then add the worchester sauce for taste.

G ChildlihC G said:
I eat about 4 cans a day. I f*cked up and bought a bunch of tuna in vegtable oil instead of the usual water. It actually tastes better to me plain with the oil.
You are eating way too much tuna and are at risk for mercury poisoning. If you weighed 190 pounds, at 4 cans per day, you would be greater than 0.9 mcg/kg/dy of mercury, which is way above the 0.1 mcg/kg/dy that's considered the safety limit.

One of the web calculators said you were 4.6 times the safety limit for mercury toxicity. http://www.gotmercury.org/

I would choose other forms of protein and actually advise you to see a physician to get tested for mercury toxicity. Your risk of cancer and other serious health disorders are significantly increased because of your tuna consumption.

Gotta love how we've poisoned the environment to make a benign fish into a toxic substance.

swatdoc said:
You are eating way too much tuna and are at risk for mercury poisoning. If you weighed 190 pounds, at 4 cans per day, you would be greater than 0.9 mcg/kg/dy of mercury, which is way above the 0.1 mcg/kg/dy that's considered the safety limit.

One of the web calculators said you were 4.6 times the safety limit for mercury toxicity. http://www.gotmercury.org/

I would choose other forms of protein and actually advise you to see a physician to get tested for mercury toxicity. Your risk of cancer and other serious health disorders are significantly increased because of your tuna consumption.

Gotta love how we've poisoned the environment to make a benign fish into a toxic substance.

Depends on what kind of tuna in the can he is eating. The Chunk light tuna has significantly less mercury than the albacore or white tuna due to the size of the fish used.

Top Bottom