Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Need Your Help Losing Bodyfat!!- Where Do I Start?? SERIOUSLY!!!

Texas Ranger

Guys, I REALLY need your help!! I've been away from the gym about 24-28 months due to school and the birth of my daughter. I plan on starting back in a few weeks and need a little advice on my diet. I'm 29 years old, 6'3" 270-273lbs and 19-20% bodyfat. Where should I start my calories and what macros do I use? I've read Body For Life which requires you to multiply ypur bodyweight x 10 with 40% Carbs/40% Protein/20% Fat. I was told by someone else that my macros nutrients should be 40% Protein/30% Carbs/30% Fat with most of the fat coming from Olive & Flax Oil. Is 2700-2800 calories a day enough? Or should I start higher? My goal is to reach 7-8% bodyfat. Honestly, I'm confused...:confused:

for your height and weight and goals i'd keep calories at around 2500

a 40/30/30 protein/carb/fat seems to be a good plan

simple tips i'd reccomend are :

- When it comes to carbs, stick to low glycemic, unprocessed carbs such as vegetables that are low GI, Beans, Legumes, Lentils, Oats

- Do not combine fats and carbs in the same meal, eat them at least 2 hours apart

- Get one protein meal post training, preferably in the form of a post workout shake comprising of Whey protein and glucose at a ratio of 1:2 respectively (e.g. 25g protein, 50g glucose)

- Try not to eat carbs after 6pm unless you train after 6pm in which case, even if you train before bed, have a PW shake!

- Drink at least 3-4 litres of water a day

- Cut out hydrogenated fats from your diet, replace them with good fats such as th fats found in salmon and other oily fish, fish oils, flax oil, Olive Oil, Nuts, avacados

- Eat at least 4 times a day preferably 5-6 meals per day

training wise, look up HIIT (high intensity interval training) for cardio and do this on an empty stomach
remember be patient and don't be negative :) focus on the good things you do, the gains you make and the fat/weight you loose rather than saying you still arent 7% or you "Can't get rid of that last bit"

Good luck!

yes, this is good advice.. tell us about your previous gym experience.. if you are looking to solely burn fat, at expense of muscle, then plan all cardio (mix of both HIIT and low-intensity) workouts.. if you would like to put on muscle in the same process, look into gettin back into the gym with weight training. this ultimately will help you burn fat by increasing your lean muscle and thus increasing your metabolism.. combine some cardio with weights, and MOST IMPORTANTLY a clean diet and you will be on your way to a better body :)

Guys, I'll pass on Swolecat. I'm sure his program works great and has helped ALOT of people. I think my money would be better spent of food and protein powder. Plus, I don't have the extra funds to try it.:D Thanks for all the info, BA!! I owe you one, bro!

Scottie2, I've been training off and on for 10-11 years now. This is the highest my bodyfat has ever been. Before the layoff, I was at 240lbs and 9-10% bodyfat. I'm going to jump rope for cardio on an empty stomach first thing when I wake up on my off days from the gym. I'm going to use the Push/Pull/Leg training split. The gym at my jobsite has stuff to work the upper body only. It's free so I can't complain too much. So, I can only use Dumbbell Squats, Dumbbell Lunges, Step Ups, DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts, and Donkey Calf Raises to train my legs when I'm at home. I plan on purchasing a Squat Rack sometime next month.

Texas Ranger said:
I think my money would be better spent of food and protein powder.

Perhaps, but if you don't know how to put a diet together.............

Top Bottom