Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some help on how many calories I really should be eating

blood_drinker

Stats: 15yrs/165lbs or 75 kgs/5'4'/15bf%
I emailed Nathan for some help on my diet and inquired what worked for him.
He claimed I was eating too little. I think Ive been brainwashed by Body-For-Life's "portions"
PLEASE TELL ME IF IM EATING TOO MUCH OR TOO LITTLE AND WHAT AMOUNT I SHOULD BE EATING CALORIE WISE.
Check out my diet
MORNING CARDIO - 30 mins

1) Breakfast
2 whole eggs, 2-4 whites
2 slices whole wheat bread

2) Mid morning meal
Chicken breast / Tuna with a bit of mayo / Steak (all this is the size of my fist, one portion)

3) Lunch
Same as above, maybe some brocolli or similar veggie.

4) Mid afternoon
Same as midmorning

WORKOUT WITH WEIGHTS - I know how to do it no problem here

5) IMMEDIATELY AFTER WEIGHTS
50g carbs + Protein (a steak of some sort) plus vegetables

6) Same as mid morning ( some protein)

I got no access to whey, or any supplements like ECA for the time being.

thanks!

You want to gain muscle, right? Are you eating about 15 cals per pound, with 1-2 grams of protein per pound?

Why not add some more complex carbs--rice (should be brown, but doesn't have to be), sweet potatoes, etc. YOu're probably getting around 150 grams of carbs, total, it seems to me (could be wrong) which isn't actually very much.

As I recall, you're young and play a lot of soccer--I don't think you need to worry about overeating.

I'd ignore Body for Life--personally I don't think it's the best reference for someone as active as you are.

I think you're trying to out-think all this too much--you're young! Your hormones are flowing like Niagra Falls. You eat, you play soccer and you eat--there's no problem. You're in the home of good food, you're going back to Brazil--don't worry so much! Enjoy yourself--lift heavy, eat enough and relax!

[This message has been edited by keiko (edited April 17, 2001).]

I know that you play a lot of soccer but you might want to check out WarLobo's post about cardio on the Women's Board--"30+30 does not equal 60". (I'm too lazy to find the link for you.)

I still you you could lighten up a little, but you do need to eat. I'll still go with my diet suggestions--a few complex carbs will fuel you. You might increase you're portions of protein though.

here's a site I use to keep track of what I eat-=-it's sort of a pain, but I love the pie charts:http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

I'm willing to bet if you plug in one day's food, you'll be surprised at how little your calorie total is.

Hey bro here's a site to determine your BMR once you have that you can go from there. But one thing I can say is that steak you eat right after the gym is not good, why?, because fats especially animal ones slow absorption down a great deal and it is slow to digest on top of that you wont something to replenish quicker. If you don't have any MRP's then try eating egg whites, milk, yogurt!

TBM

http://www.global-fitness.com/BMR_calc.html

Top Bottom