Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm living in carb rotation Hell!

Fennec

Aaagh! I just can't take it any more - I have to vent!! I'm into my sixth week of a pretty severe carb load/carb deplete rotation and my gosh it's miserable! I have had some good workouts, but I think it's from pure unwillingness to lose any more muscle than I have to. Thank goodness I'm seeing plenty of results or I could never keep up this insanity.

I keep getting aches and pains to the point where I can barely stand it. For instance, I had a heavy arm workout Wednesday, and last night I accidentally slept with my arm in a bent position; this morning I could hardly straighten it out, it had tightened up on me so bad. I'm truly amazed that I've been able to get through my cardio in the morning.

I'm BITCHY as hell - people at work must think I'm losing my mind. I have no freakin' patience with anybody's bullshit. On the days in-between where I'm switching over from high to low carbs, I'm just plain psycho. At least on the lowest carb days, I'm merely goofy and can't focus on more than one thing at a time.

....and I have another six weeks to go.... WAHHHH!!! :bawling:

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one to go through this!

Fennec

I'm not trying to bring you down, but this is the exact reason I don't drop my carbs under a respectable amount. What's the point if you're just going to feel like crap and be bitchy to everyone?

Total calories is really all that matters. In the past two weeks I've dropped from 10% to 9% bodyfat without restricting carbs, just calories in general. In fact, I eat a piece of fruit at just about every meal. :eek2: Fruit is filling, has lots of fiber, water, and vitamins, and is low in calories. Can't ask for much more than that.

If there one piece of advice I can offer about fat loss, it is this... eat enough so that you're not hungry and use cardio to up your total energy requirement. This makes all the difference in the world when evergy level and muscle maintenace is concerned.

My 264,873,784 yen

Peace.

I feel for ya, I know exactly what you are talking about...I have good days and just plan bad days...I have been dieting for a show, and had a few days of freedom, but it is back to the intense dieting for my 2nd show, and I have NO patience, and things seem to irritate me that never did before. I am short with people and most just seem to get on my nerves.....I try to keep to myself in the gym, because I am in no mood for conversation....just to take care of business. You get used to it, but you will have your days so just take a deep breath and focus on your upcoming goals and try to keep your mind on other things...Its all worth it...think of yourself as unique, not many can sacrafice and push their body to the limit like you are.....the average american has no drive for that, and it takes alot out of you physically and pscyhologically....

Thank you New@GettingBig! It helps so much to know someone else is going through the same thing. AND it gives me hope, having seen your awesome pics!! :)

On the advice NOT to drop carbs.... well, I'm under trainer's orders. If I don't stick to his guidance, I'm throwing away three and a half years of very hard work with him. I trust him absolutely.

New is right, this is just a really heavy duty level of discipline, and it's taking it out of me mentally and physically. I've got to adjust and move on. I just had to cry about it somewhere, and this seemed like a good place.

My friend clued me in to take in some extra fat to combat the aches and pains, so I upped the flax oil a bit. I'm feeling much better today, thank goodness! She also advised St John's Wort to increase seratonin levels that she said drop when you carb deplete - this is supposed to help with the mood swings and grumpiness. I'm going to try that too, soon as I can hit the suppliment store.

Thanks again for the moral support!!

Fennec

Yes GO Fennec!! I'm not brave enough to try that carb depletion yet but I do pretty well on lower carbs...

New@GB is definately an inspiration here too...did you see her pics? Gads!

And when you are done you get to eat :bday:

Hi Fennec,

I've noticed you mentioned Flax oil. Also kick up your vitamin E to around 1000 units if you aren't doing that already. E is your friend here.

:idea: I do Evening Primrose oil or Borage oil instead of Flax. Here's why. You're probably taking it for the rich concentration of Linolenic Acid.

Your body uses Linoleic Acid to synthesize Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). From that it synthesizes the two EFAs found in the Fish Oil supplements.

Flax seed is very high in Alpha Linolenic Acid. Your body doesn't use that. ALA passes through. It wants the Gamma form. Flax seed isn't very high in that. Switch to Borage oil for the biggest bang for the buck. Check the lables and you'll see what I mean.

It keeps me from getting spacy on a low carb diet.

Sasha
<who can be a space cadet anyway>:xeye:

Evening Primrose Oil and Borage oil is also very good for the female "system". St Johns Wort is very good Fennec. My experience has been take it in the morning and evening for 7 days then just once a day (halving the dose) for the next several weeks. I've read (though I don't remember the supporting data) that you shouldn't take St Johns for extended periods of time. 6-8wk periods then give your body a break.

Nice post Sasha.

Thanks for all the support!! You guys are the best! I'll look at the Evening Primrose and Borage oil when I get to the store (hopefully tomorrow). At least I made it through another week, and in six more weeks when the nightmare is over, I'm going to Vegas to play and enjoy the buffet for 2 days!

Now, I'm gonna go take a long hot bath, then SLEEEEP! :eek: zzzzzzzzzzz Nite nite.

Fennec

Top Bottom