Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm living in carb rotation Hell!

Dont stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just remember that you have a goal in mind and that you can acomplish it:smash: DONT GIVE UP !!!
Fennec, you can do it:p
We are cheering for you.................

Bad news, folks... I guess my body decided to heck with me, 'cause it shut me down this week.

1) They did x-rays of my back, and I have somehow managed to inflame the joints around the vertebrae in my lower back (sacral area).

2) I got Strep Throat. I had a temp of 102.5 when they checked me in - haven't had a temperature that high in a looooong time.

I'm not allowed to continue carb rotation while sick, not allowed to work out, not allowed to do cardio and NOT ALLOWED TO DANCE!!! This sucks. Additionally I feel pretty crappy.

The good news is that the doctor gave me antibiotics for the strep, and an anti-inflamitory called Voltaren for the inflamed joints. Looks like all those aches and pains weren't just in my head.

I'm hoping to be healed up and back on schedule next week..... :rolleyes:

Fennec

Take it easy and rest, dont rush back, or you will just end up taking longer to heal and get well.......sleep and get better:)

I know, I'm resisting the urges. It's hard 'cause every time I start to feel better I want to go DO something, and I'm holding myself back. Of course, dropping from a daily hour of cardio to nothing, I'm not burning so many calories, so I'm watching my weight creep back up, and I can't lift or do anything so it's certainly not 'cause I'm putting on any muscle. AND I was just getting into new territory right before this happened. I was SO looking forward to having my body comp done again - I am pretty sure I had dropped my b/f by a couple of percentages.

SO FRUSTRATING!!! I know if I do too much too soon, it will just continue this state of affairs, but GEEZ. So I'm just sitting around feeling sick, miserable, and fugly. I can't wait until this is over and I can get back on track. Boy what a difference a week can make. I am afraid this one week of being sick is setting me back about three weeks in my training. Every second counts, people! If you're not using it, you're losing it. I really hate being in a position where my choice in that is removed.

But ENOUGH whining and crying from me! I'm looking forward to my Monday morning cardio! The good news is anything will stimulate my body at this point, so I can start off slower and work my way back up, and still get results. The other good news is I've been getting 10 hours of sleep a night, and the day I stayed home from work, I slept for 15 hours! That's gotta help!

Fennec - Hanging in there....

Fennec, get well soon!
In the meantime, may I ask a question - what is your rotation amount? I just started an 8 day carb rotation "diet". (I'm 5'6", about 145. Been lifting seriously a couple of years - currently lifting 4 days/wk and doing cardio 3 or 4 times/wk for 1 hour.) I'm looking to drop 5% bf so I can see where I really need to work and was just pinched at 18% (which was verrrrrrry discouraging). Anyway, day 1 is 1g/lb. bodyweight protein and 1.25g/lb. carb. Days 2 and 3 are 1.2g/lb.protein and 0.6g/lb. carb with the carbs being split half before and half after workout. Days 4 and 5 are 1.6g/lb protein and again 0.6g/lb carb but most of the carbs before workout. Days 6&7 are 1.8g/lb protein and 0.3g carb . Day 8 is 1g/lb protein and 2g/lb. carbs.
Diet is clean but I can give you details on that if you need it. Fat has been at about 10 to 15%, and that's just the fat that's in what I'm eating (i.e. in chicken, cottage cheese, etc.)

Phew long story. So I guess my question is... do my ratios look okay? There's a few days the calories are pretty low, but I'm hoping to shock the old body into some fat loss.
Thanks!

I know what you are going through Fennec, I also got sick after only 5 weeks of dieting. When you diet, you sometimes don't get enough nutrients from the food you eat. As a result, you are more likely to get sick. That's why I now take in large amounts of viatmin C and other nutrients.

I missed about a week of dieting and gained some weight back but I lost all that water after only 2 days back on my diet. I went from 190 to 196 and back down to 190-191 within a couple of days.

Don't sweat it, just try to stay away from dangerous foods. You should take in more vitamins, btw.

This is the cutting diet I followed and I went from 205 to about 187. One week, I overdid it and went down too quickly from 188 to 183, losing muscle hardness and some mass. Now I am following a more sensible diet, losing only 0.5-1 lb of fat a week. But at least I am not a total ass anymore.

I nearly took a guys head off for no reason last week, and I could have been expelled from university. That's when I decided I had enough of the carb rotation.

Weird..

I dropped nicotine and carbs all in one shot.

I felt great, up until the point I realized i wasn't getting any resluts from a keto diet that i went on.

I guess everyone's different. At least you get to eat carbs, I ate zero for 2 weeks straight, then ate them again only ona saturday. i was never moody.

For me, I feel worse on the in-between days than I do (did) on the lowest carb days. By that point, I guess my body has switched fuel sources. So I guess that's why you folks on the keto diets don't have problems with the mood swings. For the carb load/carb deplete rotation, you're constantly forcing yourself to flip back and forth - no wonder ya go a little nuts! :)

MonsterTruck - I would help if I could, but I am not qualified to give you a carb rotation. There are some others on the board who probably would be, though. Mine was developed for me by my trainer.

Fennec

Fennec, I think (hope) you will be amazed at the benefits that you will get from even one week of rest. I really believe that all hardcore dieters can benefit from having 1-2 weeks complete rest from diet and exercize in the middle of their diets. I predict that if you can keep your spirits high, you will come back stronger, fitter, and in a better position to make your diet work for you. Hang tight and be patient and I'm certain things will work out great!!

Top Bottom