Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm 210 lbs qand my Maintenance calories is 2098, seem low!!!

reddick

I'm 210 lbs qand my Maintenance calories is 2098, seem low!!!

Is that right ? Im' 5'11" and 210 and am 27 years old and to maintain my weight I'm to have 2098 calories? I want o cut and lose fat so I need to subtract 500 from that, 1598 calories?? DAMN!!!

50% protein, 30% Carbs, 20 % fat Im doing HIIT 3 times a week and joggin 2 more days, should I up my carbs to do this?

Generally its your body weight multiplied by 12 for your daily needs, thats taking in no consideration for training or other activities, i may be off on this one but its pretty close, i know that. If trying to cut, your % breakdown looks good, definitely dont add any carbs. Your body weight mulitplied by 9-10 works for a diet type plan

i beleive BMR - bodyweight x12 is what is responsible for your everyday functions (breathing, heart beat) most people will diet at this level cause this means anything you do is basically burning muscle or bodyfat for fuel as the calories are being used to keep you alive, now BMW x 15 is seen to me as maintenance this will account for keeping your bodyweight the same after your everyday functions + other activities i.e. training, getting out of bed, and so on

I think your BMR is higher, maybe around 2500 calories. If you want there is a formula online that you can calculate exaclty how much it is! If you are trying to lose bf i would suggest you keep your calories up and do more exercise. Its better to burn the fat than to starve the fat!

I agree with Musclemar and lamp24, you need to keep your calories a little higher. If you drop your calories right to 1500 where will you go from there when you hit the wall? That is way too low. I wouldn't suggest that you ever cut your calories that low. You need to be around 2500 to start out, that way you can make gradual cuts. If you drop dramatically your body will go into starvation mode, your body will hoard fat and drop muscle in an attempt to maintain it's existence. This is something that our bodies have adapted to do to stay alive during times of famine. I don't know how much I trust BMR calcultors, everyone is so different. It is just taking a blanket approach. I would be willing to say that if you are working out intensely and doing cardio, eating only your suggested BMR would make you look like a Backstreet Boy. Like stated before, BMR involves no extracurricular activity. Keep the calories higher and get after it. Good luck!

Top Bottom