Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I did it. I ate the chicken breast.

THE BOUNCER said:
why were you a vegitarian in the first place?

I had my reasons, originally, but since around this summer I'd had a hard time answering the "why are you a vegetarian" question. So, I'd been thinking about stopping since then, and yesterday, the reasons just petered out.

Damn it, where's my love? I want some props, because I'm happy...:heart: :heart:

Believe it or not I was reading something recently that the land that we use for growing all the veggies for vegetarians to eat ends up killing more animals than they would have by eating meat in the first place.
Sounds kinda wacky to me but the real fact of the matter is that we were definitely designed to be omnivorous and have much more in common with true meat eaters then herbivores. Watch out for one thing though. If it seems you are starting to gain fat by eating meat look not to the meat as the problem but the starchy stuff you might be eating with the meat. Meat and potatoes may be an "all-american" combo but that does not make it heathy lol;)

Other side of the coin.... the grain that is used to feed one cow to slaughtering age would be enough to feed a family for a month.

Dunno who told me that.... some whacko vegan. Probably some truth to it, though.

When I'm in my 40's and I've had enough of trying to gain muscle, my wife and I are gunna turn vegetarian.... healthier.

lady- was strict vegetarian for 4 years, quit about 8 months ago. i didnt know why i was either. very liberating, and way easier to get protein in. i still think it has its benefits, but it makes bodybuiding very difficult.

Johnny,

The liberating part is true, especially in the grocery store. I feel like I can spread out from the tiny vegan-tofutti-smartdeli corner of the store to everywhere else. I'm sticking to mostly fish and lean chicken right now, and my body isn't in complete turmoil like I thought it would be...

:)

if I was filthy fuckin' rich, I'd probably be a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but I'm not, and I want muscle, so I eat meat like it's going out of style! :D

I was a "veg" for a year once... and I'd say that still 80% of my meat intake is fish... but I love a good burger here and there... chicken I have a harder time with... my buddy's grandparents lived up the road from a big hatchery... dude... that's the nastiest fucking place you'll ever smell!!!

I realize slaughter houses aren't any better, but a good steak or bad ass burger doesn't scare me as bad as chicken...

I think I'm going to turn into a tuna fish though... sigh...

Forrest

oh, and sorry to get off on a little rant here, but I can't fuckin' STAND veggies that try to preach to you! :mad:

I was at Whole Foods the other day buying some cilantro/lime tofu that I'm ADDICTED to, and this tub of a woman is like "are you vegitarian?", and I just knew she was, so I turned it on a little...

I was like, "no, I eat meat like it's going out of style"

and she starts in with the whole, "you should be, it's heathier for you, the animals, and the environment" (which I honestly believe to an extent, but like I said, I'm not rich enough to be righteous)

and I'm like, "well, I tried it, and I was never able to keep any muscle"

and she kinda shut up...

ever notice that people who UNINVITEDLY preach are the ones who sound like they're trying to convince THEMSELVES of something??? *cough*CHRISTIANS*cough*

ok, thanks for letting me vent.

Forrest

Actually a lot of the cows eat grass and stuff that we couldn't eat anyway. THink about all the times you drive by and see cows eating grass on the side of a road somewhere.

Top Bottom