Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hydrogenated vegetable fat

Basically they heat and pressurize unsaturated fat to break the double bonds between the carbon atoms and attach hydrogen atoms to those carbon atoms. You get trans-fatty acid from this process, very carcinogenic if it is incorporated into your adipose tissue (which it does). Its not a natural type of fat. It's in most refined foods today. They basically take good fat and make it bad for commercial purposes.

trans fatty acids are generally present in foods where a fat that is normally liquid at room temp is converted to a solid at the same resting temp.

so basically, any type of hydrogenated oil (coconut, vegetable, etc) is this carcinogenic, man made fat ?

trans fatty acids are essentially "poison" since your body was never intended to process them. Stay away at all costs. Any oil derived from a veg.. i.e. coconut, veg, canola, etc. is clearly not man made.. (as you can tell by the name) It's usually when these oils are used in foods and the manufacturere needs to change consistency or profile of that oil.. they can then hydrogenate it or convert it to a solid at the same temp which will yield a trans fatty acid.

hydrogenated doesn't equal saturated

tropical oils like coconut are mostly saturated, not hydrogenated and not dangerous for your health

french fries oil from McDonald's is both saturated and hydrogenated and is carcinogenic

thanks for the info

what about partially hydrogenated oils?
I find these in supplements mainly protein bars

are bars *That* bad (i knew they werent the best thing to eat)

Top Bottom