Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hows this diet look for lean muscle gain?

robigd

Hi,

I am 6'3", 207. I am looking to put on some quality weight, and was just wondering what you would add/subtract from my current diet. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks thus far

7:00 AM - 7 Eggs, 1 pack of oatmeal
10:00 AM - MRP Bar
12:00PM - Either footlong chicken at subway or terryaki Chicken and white rice (Double Meat :) )
3:00 PM - MRP Bar
6:00 - Dinner (Something consisting of chicken or steak, and either brown rice or sweet potato)
8:00 - Workout
9:00 - Couple of Chicken Breasts or Eggs, depending on how I feel.
12:00 AM (Yes, I go to sleep late) - Myoplex Deluxe MRP

I appreciate your input!

Your gonna have to figure out how much Protein, Carbs and Fat that is in order to know wethr you will gain or cut from a diet like that. Its all about the macronutrient levels.

diet looks good. I would add a protien dextrose shake following your workout instead of the chicken meal. I would do half your weight in dextrose and one fourth of your weight in protien, down half and sip the rest for the next hour., then have the myoplex delux with some milk at 11 and go straight to bed. or instead of the myoplex delux at 11 have your chicken meal with some half a cup of oatmeal and some cottage cheese.

This is a good diet for clean bulking, but It will not all be lean muscle.

should I be blunt??? You diet is pretty much....horrid. Not a flame, but just needs SEVERLY revamped......1st bars are complete garbage....2nd your protein and carb cources are nothing to brag about (keep the eggs), third ou are relying too much on supplements.......

Agree with Jkurz 100%...........wait, did I just say that? Hehehe........pullin' your virtual chain J, good advice brutha.......

~SC~
CEO
www.gotswole.com

Personally, I would add more carbs, replace at least one of the bars with whole food and add fruits and veggies (the vitamins and minerals they contain can help you add lean mass).

JKurz1 said:
should I be blunt??? You diet is pretty much....horrid. Not a flame, but just needs SEVERLY revamped......1st bars are complete garbage....2nd your protein and carb cources are nothing to brag about (keep the eggs), third ou are relying too much on supplements.......

Agreed. That diet really blows... At 6'3 & 207 lbs, i ate more than you last year and i only weighed 140 at 10% BF (female). Your starving and eating almost nothing thats gonna help you much.

Maybe something like this:

Meal #1
5 oz. lean meat (93-96% lean Chicken, Tuna or Turkey Breast)
+ 5 egg whites, 1 yolk
+ ½ cup oatmeal (no "packets" - get the real stuff!)
- or – 1 grapefruit

Meal #2
Protein Drink: 2 Scoops Protein Powder (Suggest: Beverly Vanilla Ultra Size) in 14 oz water, 1 banana, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal #3
8 ounces chicken breast (weighed prior to cooking) or 7.5oz pack of tuna
2 cups salad (lettuce, 1 roma tomato, carrot, cucumber, green peppers, etc.)
1 Tbsp feta cheese crumbles & a sprinkle of walnuts
2 Tbsp Newmans Own Vinegar and Oil dressing or make your own with 2 TBS Vinegar, 1 TBS Flax Oils and spices for flavor
-or- 1 cup vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach or zucchini)
6 oz sweet potato

Meal #4
Protein Drink: 2 Scoops Protein Powder (Suggest: Beverly Vanilla Ultra Size) in 14 oz water, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal #5
Post Workout Shake
3 Scoops Beverly Mass Maker (Combination Protein/Carb)
Blended with 1/4 Blueberries

Meal #6
8 ounces 93-96% lean ground beef beef
2 cups vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach or zucchini) – or – Salad if did not have at lunch meal #3

Important
**Remember try to space meals apart during waking hours ~ 3-4 hours apart (and no more than 4 hours). This is key! Your metabolism will rise based upon this schedule and your body will know it is not starving, but hungry at the appropriate time. This will allow your body to continue to burn body fat and not compromise your lean muscle tissue.

** DRINK TWO GALLONS OF WATER EACH AND EVERY DAY!
*** Train Heavy now that you have more food.

Go on and GET BIG! Take care. - QSS

quadsweeper, the diet you posted looks very easy to follow (Excluding eating chicken at 7:00 AM, lol), but it seems like this diet relys heavily on supplements, something jkurz1 pretty much flamed... any opinions?

robigd said:
quadsweeper, the diet you posted looks very easy to follow (Excluding eating chicken at 7:00 AM, lol), but it seems like this diet relys heavily on supplements, something jkurz1 pretty much flamed... any opinions?[/QUOTE

QS - sis appears to REALLY know her shit. Very impressed with the outline diet, as it almost mirrors mine to the tee. I never flamed supplments. I drink a MRP and flax as my second meal, a gluc./whey chake post wo, and a thick ass nighttime shake to wash down my PEANUTS by the bag! It's a solid diet, I just swap the pre-wo nutirion that she said of a shake for a tuna melt and small salad......no big thang.......

Top Bottom