Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How soon? What to do?

I have micronised whey at 45 min into my workout. Then one when I get home. Nutrition is going to depend on what your workout/performance goal actually is.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

You need carbs, good carbs within 15 minutes of your training. Good carbs like dextrose and/or maltodextrin are optimal. you need to restore you glycogen levels to optimum capacity for recovery and building. That is where the good gains come from. Stay away from anything that contains fructose though. Fructose does not break down easily to help repair and rebuild the muscles, and can actually add to some fat storage. The little unknown and dirty secret about fructose is that is does not convert well into liver glycogen, and therefore, not much is eventually converted for proper muscle building and recovery. This is FAR from optimal, and can be counter productive. The problem is that the liver has very little fructose-converting enzyme and the typical person can only convert about 50 grams PER DAY of fructose to glycogen. Read that again…PER DAY! Not per hour or per serving…PER DAY!

So what happens to the rest of the glucose? You guessed, converted to FAT.

Do it as I described above than about 45 minutes later, have a good quality meal with quality protein and watch your gains soar.

Good Luck!

You need carbs, good carbs within 15 minutes of your training. Good carbs like dextrose and/or maltodextrin are optimal. you need to restore you glycogen levels to optimum capacity for recovery and building. That is where the good gains come from. Stay away from anything that contains fructose though. Fructose does not break down easily to help repair and rebuild the muscles, and can actually add to some fat storage. The little unknown and dirty secret about fructose is that is does not convert well into liver glycogen, and therefore, not much is eventually converted for proper muscle building and recovery. This is FAR from optimal, and can be counter productive. The problem is that the liver has very little fructose-converting enzyme and the typical person can only convert about 50 grams PER DAY of fructose to glycogen. Read that again…PER DAY! Not per hour or per serving…PER DAY!

So what happens to the rest of the glucose? You guessed, converted to FAT.

Do it as I described above than about 45 minutes later, have a good quality meal with quality protein and watch your gains soar.

Good Luck!

So a whey/dex shake 15mins prior to completing my workout? and then 45mins later, eat a meal?

Or did you mean 15mins after I begin training do I drink whey/dex shake?

I don't do shakes post workout. They are not necessary. I eat a big meal several hours after training. I do have a drink with about 10g of BCAA's post workout though but I'm not convinced that is necessary either. I use protein powder to add to foods to increase the protein content but usually use casein rather than whey.

Shouldn't eat after trading? Odd input. As if whey protein will help muscle regeneration any better than normal foods(rolls eyes). Eat the food after training. I've found repeatedly that cooked whole eggs kicks whey proteins ass every time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom