Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to set 'set points' ?

mojokid

I read the post with Lyle MacDonalds interview in which he mentioned weight 'set points' that your brain has for your body which it uses to sort of regulate metabolism to stay at this rate and also why people who go on calorie reduced diets and lose weight tend to have a hard time keeping it off or gaining back even more because their weight set point was still at a much higher level and the body slowed metabolism to allow the weight to bounce back to 'set point' or beyond.

( I actually read about set points in a document called 'Adiposity 101' which I found searching on google.com )

My question is, how does one set a new set point for the body? I'd like to lose about 10 or 15 more pounds, but at the same time I'd like for my body to 'want' to stay at that level so I do not have to work so hard to maintain my weight once i've lost.

Would running T3 at really low doses 6 mcg and below help to just keep your metabolism floating above it's 'set' rate therefor lowering your weight set point?

Actually, the best way to re-set your set point is to lose a little weight - 5 lbs. or say - than stay at that weight for 5-6 weeks. Then, lose another 5 lbs. and stay at that weight for 5-6 weeks.

Unfortunately, this is too gradual a process for most people. I dropped my set point by 12 lbs. using a gradual approach - I weighed 157 for years, and have dropped my set point to 145. Now, after contest dieting, my body goes right back to 145 - regardless of how much weight I lost during the contest dieting. If I go over 145, I seem to naturally just lower my kcaloric intake, and I'm right back to 145. It's kind of fascinating.

in a similar fashoin, wouldn't losing all your weight and maintaing the loss for two years lower your set point?

kjluvi said:
in a similar fashoin, wouldn't losing all your weight and maintaing the loss for two years lower your set point?

Possibly. I used to be 250, now I hover around 200. But it's probably all individual. Training and dieting would be SO much easier if everything worked the same for everyone, no?

Top Bottom