Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How is Peanut Butter for fat intake for ketonic diet

blckngold_99

I am just starting to try getting on ketonic diet and as usual have no problem attacking the protien portion,...but other than efa's and such...what is best way to ingest the proper amount of fat...should I add regular mayo or salad dressing to my tuna a chicken or is eating peanuts and peanut butter an acceptable way to add fat..or are there too many carbs in all this..thanks..my first post..so apologize if I have broken any rules for posting..thanks

lol, if you've broken rules, we should all have been thrown out long ago.

Peanuts/peanut butter are high in carbs. Good fat sources for keto:

flax seed oil
bacon
egg yolks
occasionally some macadamia nuts
bologna
salami
sausages

etc.

If you're on keto, no need to stick to tuna/chicken. Eat the chicken with the skin, have salmon, beef, etc. No sense eating lean protein if you need more fat.

I'll echo Belial:

Have some good tasting meats that are fattening :) it's the advantage of the diet.

Now, as for your question. Peanut-Butter should not be used in my view, but if you get cravings during the diet, you can have 1 tbsp of ALL natural peanut butter.

P.S. YES !!!! you broke a lot of rules, we are kicking you off...lol j/k
Never be afraid to ask, we are always glad to help.
Mr.X

Thanks for Info

Alright...thanks alot for the input....will have to toss my (luckily) small jar of peanut butter....just hit it a couple times a day for a teaspoon or two with my protien...the bacon I think I can handle....How does a Wendy's triple sound with no bun.....thanks again

Top Bottom