Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Not to Gain Fat While Eating Carbs

If this is for only occassionally when you fall off the wagon, why not just simplify the recipe and shove a few grams of ALA down your throat instead??? However, if you're eating a chronic high carb diet then all of those things may be beneficial to keep the fat off (but I would still throw in some ALA as well).

Alright, I am now thoroughly confused about ALA. I've followed a few of the threads on it, and as far as I can tell, the only time one should really use ALA, or other nutrient partitioning agents, is when you're doing a high-carb refeed on a calorically-reduced diet, or, possibly, when trying to get into ketosis, but not after that.

Taking it on a chronic high-carb diet (do you mean hypercaloric?) forces glycogen into fat stores, too, or something along those lines, I thought, and there's no point in increasing insulin sensitivity when on low carbs because you're already insulin-sensitive, right?

I think a bunch of too many threads on this just got jumbled in my head. Anyway, that list is only for the days you mess up on a hypocaloric diet?

The bottom line is that most of the glucose lowering agents will only assist you if you are insulin resistant to some degree. Many people may be chronically insulin resistant as are many BBs on high calorie, high carbohydrate diets, especially when combined with AAS/hGH etc....High fat diets also promote short term insulin resistance. However if you are on a classi cutting diet that's low in fats, moderate in low GI carbs and high in lean protein then your insulin sensitivity is likely to be perfect on a day to day basis.

Otherwise some of those drugs (vanadium is the classic example) actually INCREASE insulin resistance if you've already got normal sensitivity. ALA is almost certainly safe to take year round, but as an overall antioxidant rather than a glucose disposal agent if you are otherwise normal.

Overall if you 'fall off the wagon' for one meal/event, you really don't need to worry. If you're going on holiday or something that's gonna be longer than one or two meals then you should consider taking glucose disposal agents. There was an article I posted a little while ago that hinted that drugs similar to metformin may one day be used (prophylactically) for life extension purposes by keeping glycogen levels high while keeping insulin levels down. This is for folks that can't otheriwse stick to a low GI diet........

Top Bottom