Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How are my macros lookin?

MikeScott

Goal is to lean out. I am 32. 6'1. 227 and about 15-18%bf.
I haven't been eating well as of late. Am trying to cut down and upping the cardio and workouts.

Foods consist mainly of chicken, eggs, avocado , yogurt, protein shake, spinach. Sweet potatoes. Protein bar.

Protein - 226
Carbs - 174
Fat - 57

Calories - 2100

protein bars are a killer. i would eliminate that bro.. don't be scared to go more than 500 calories below maintentance.. don't buy into the 'it will kill your metabolism' nonsense

yogurt also has a lot of calories, it is okay in MODERATION. but a small thing of yogurt is like 150 calories last i checked. that is a lot

also make sure your protein shake is high quality.. the last thing you want is putting HFCS and hydrogenated shit into your body

Your macronutrients look really good. Remember that, WHAT you eat is just as important as how much.

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of carbs.

A protein shake on the other hand will be virtually carbohydrate and fat free. You get the high quality whey protein without any of the additional calories.

I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

Eat real food, not these bullshit shakes and protein bars. They aren't FDA approved they could be putting anything in it for all you know.

Calories and macros overall look pretty good. I don't mind having a shake each day but I agree about getting rid of the bars. Just do a weekly meal prep so you always have food ready and available to eat.

Top Bottom