Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much tuna are you supposed to be able to eat before consuming too much mercury??

juiceddreadlocks

rebuilding, getting there
Platinum
just wondering. im being very lazy tonight.

for work tonight im packing :
gallon of sugar free rasberry drink
9 oz tuna (and relish and mayo for tuna salad)
cottage cheeg
fiber one cereal, and some crackers.

Dude, its gotta be more than just 2 cans.... I'm thinking more like 8 a day MIGHT be a problem. There isnt as much mercury as you think. There is more mercury in tuna steaks from a store or butcher than in the cans as well.

they say seafood 2x / WEEK can put you at "risk" ... there are several exogenous factors like.. where the fish is from , what type of fish (bottom dwellers have the highest concentration) and if it's canned or fresh

ZKaudio said:
they say seafood 2x / WEEK can put you at "risk" ... there are several exogenous factors like.. where the fish is from , what type of fish (bottom dwellers have the highest concentration) and if it's canned or fresh

yeahyeahyeah biomagnification and all that good stuff. learned about it in micro last semestre, i just didnt remember any numbers.

the actual amount of mercury in canned tuna is less than tuna steaks

canned tuna comes from smaller fish
larger the fish the more mercury

but i would not personally eat more than two cans 24/7/365

its all about the volume over YEARS....

dont let peeps fool ya into thinkin it will happen in a couple years...we talkin 20 years here....

what is that gallon of sugar free rasberry drink?

you every try some crystal light..??? mmmmmm...........

Top Bottom