Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much sodium in a can of Tuna?

BigAndy69

Your Canadian Idol
Platinum
I eat 3 cans of Tuna a day split into two of my meals. I'm estimating that it has roughly 400-500mg of Na in each can of tuna in water. Does anyone have an exact figure? ]

Btw, I eat Ocean's brand.

read the label?

The ones I eat have about 100, but they're low sodium. The others can be 500-600 mg/can or more.

"read the label?"

Don't you think I would have thought of that already before posting this! lol

I am eating boiled tuna as we speak and I think I'm going to throw up. I know I'm hardcore, but I don't know if I can handle this!

If it doesn't state the sodium on the label then you can bet your life it is high in sodium. Instead of boiling it, you can put it in a fine mesh strainer and wash it thoroughly with cold water.

After eating my tuna straight out of the can for about 5 years, I can't even smell that shit anymore.

If I remember right, a typical can of tuna (6oz/cat can size, hehehe) has 2.5 servings within it, and each serving (in water) has around 250mg of sodium.
MR. BMJ

Originally posted by MS:
If it doesn't state the sodium on the label then you can bet your life it is high in sodium. Instead of boiling it, you can put it in a fine mesh strainer and wash it thoroughly with cold water.

Good idea, I'll try it right now. I knew it was loaded with sodium, but somehow I just didn't realise that I was getting 1500mg of sodium from tuna only.

Top Bottom