Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much salt is too much? 5g/day ok?

anotherbutters

I have a tub of cottage cheese and pineapple before bed every night. They've recently changed the packaging and they sneakily added more salt at the same time, so it now has 1g salt per 100g. I have a 250g tub, so that's 2.5g salt per sitting and sometimes I have a tub with my lunch too. Is 5g salt per day on the high side to consume regularly?

I think that is on the high side... but unless ur aiming for a VERY low BF % you'll be fine... sodium can be flushed with water... so drink more H20 with those foods, and before/after :)

^^^^Agreed.

Excess sodium is really only a problem if you have a predisposition to high blood pressure. Drink a ton of water if you're worried about water retention. Canadian trainer Scott Abel used to have his client eat 10 pickels a day up until contest time to support cell volume and promote anabolism. Lots of hormonal benefits to sodium with regards to bodybuilding as well.

^^^ Good bro

I tried avoiding all sodium at one point felt like crap too :rolleyes:

Ain't worth it unless your preparing for a photo-op or contest, even then IMO... you shouldn't worry about your sodium intake until 2 weeks out.

nevr avoid sodium unless youare doing a show and it the wednesday thurdays and most of friday beofre it other then that eat up unles syou have really high blood pressure

Sarge & Alex rockin' it today :)
Nice boys :)

If you do ever plan a high sodium (or CARB or booze) cheat meal btw (namely Chinese, mexican, etc. ) ... UP the water intake before, during, after and the following day.

I would also recommend getting some Sesapure & Glucorell .. (sorry if that is WAY random and def, NOT a plug .. just a personal preference)

Brilliant advice, thanks everyone. My diet's pretty clean with cottage cheese being the only processed food in there, so I don't think I get much salt from elsewhere. I know you need some salt, but I wasn't sure how much was too much. I get through about a gallon and a half of water per day and my blood pressure's fine as far as I know, so I'll just carry on as per usual.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom