Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much protein shoudl you get from protein shakes?

M56M

How much protein should you get from protein shakes?

If you are taking in 220-240 grams of protein is 100grams from protein shakes alone too much??

M56M

I would have to agree with Lee on this one - but it just depends on what your goals are - but generally IMO your protein shake should be anywhere from 35-45 grams of protein unless you are bulking than maybe up it by 10-15 at tops

generally it is a good idea to alternate between meals and shakes... I usually have about 2 to 3 a day at about 40-45 grams each... It would not hurt to get that protein from whole food but i cannot handle eating all that food....

i still take shakes, but i don't trust them.

at the least i have 1 a day post workout. At the most 3. 1 pre workout, 1 post, and one before bed.

I use only muscle milk and cyto gainer. I use isopure sometimes too.

Thanks alot guys, yeah i usually break that up into 2-3 shakes a day. 30-40 grams each shake. I was just thinking that almost half of my protein was coming from shakes and it was just making me think, it might be too much.

M56M

i know the feeling. somtimes i get get more protien in shakes than in real food and i feel the day has been wasted, but i don't think it really makes a difference in the end.

lol...lets hope not.

i mean they just make it easier there is only soo much chicken, tuna, egg whites, etc etc ...you can eat. And to get the protein we need we need alot more.

M56M

a shake after training is optimal but at all other times i think it's a better idea to get protein from whole foods
what I do is try to get them from whole foods as much as I can but if I am ina rush or need protein then I hit the shake

Top Bottom