Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much Protein post workout?

kentucky

I have read where some people take in 50g of Whey.... some take 30, some 20....

So how many should you take in post workout?

a very knowledgeable acquaintance of mine told me that anything over 25g's p/wo is wasted. With whey so cheap though... I see no reason to get a solid 40 grams in there to maximize potential uptake.

Absorption is increased immensely after a workout so you can go with more than 25gr. I shoot for 35-40.

I would think it would have to do with your bodyweight... at 180 pounds you will need less than 260. Any thoughts, has anyone seen percentages.

john berardi says:
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/puzzle_2.htm

But since strength athletes don't deplete their glycogen stores as badly as endurance athletes, they would need fewer total calories. With this said, I believe it's reasonable to suggest that a strength athlete consume one meal of 0.8g of carbohydrate and 0.4 g of protein / kg of body weight immediately after training.

This means that the 154 lb weight lifter would need 56 g of carbs and 28 g of protein while the 220 lb weight lifter would need about 80 g of carbs and 40 g of protein after a weight-training workout. Since glycogen synthesis rates are so high in strength athletes, they would only need to consume this type of meal immediately after the workout and then resume normal eating about 2-3 hours later.

this is a great article... Part one and two

Top Bottom