x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

how much protein can your body absorb at one sitting ?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about how much protein can your body absorb at one sitting ? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: i need to eat 375g of protein a day by dividing this to 6 meals a day that's around 63g of protein at once :D so is it fine thanks i'm 134lb

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All Natural

how much protein can your body absorb at one sitting ?

i need to eat 375g of protein a day by dividing this to 6 meals a day that's around 63g of protein at once

so is it fine

thanks

i'm 134lb

Check out this thread:

Protein Thread

Mr.X
    I have not seen any scientific evidence to timely absorption, except the fact that protein can absorb at certain rate, but all protein can be absorbed there, yet the key word is CAN and the excess is basically gets out via urine.

Mr.X

Who told you you have to eat 375g of protein in a day???

Do you have 375 lbs of lean body mass?

to answer your question while there is no universal number the average person can probably effectively utilize 40-45g of protein at one sitting.

375 isn't that high of a # for a 190lb man on a cycle.

On cycles I always aim for 1.5-2.0g of protein per pound of LBM.

Psycho, this guy's 134lbs. Seems like way too much to me. I'm 220 and don't do that much.

Lover, start with 1.5gr per lb. If you can take in a little more, that's probably ok. But if I were you, I wouldn't do much more than say 225 per day.

Elite Mentor
    You can absorb very large amounts of protein. Absorption isn't the problem but utilization is. Your body can only use a limited amount of protein AS PROTEIN at any given time. The excess usually just becomes expensive carbs and the extra nitrogen gets excreted. This is OK if you're bulking since at least you know that your body always has access to protein when needed. But 1-1.5g per pound should be plenty for anyone, especially if divided into 6 meals.

Da Pope

absorption

can the body efficiently absorb protein and creatine at the same time? I usually mix my creatine in with protein powder or meal-replacement powder but someone told me they think the body can only do one or the other efficiently.

I still mix 'em

Elite Mentor
    I don't know the absolute answer to that question (I mean I haven't seen any studies done on it). But from a purely biological point of view almost all dietary creatine comes from high protein meats. So it makes no sense to me that creatine and protein together could be counterproductive. If this were true we would never absorb any creatine from naturally occuring sources.

All Natural
    All evidence shows that creatine has to be accompanied by insulin to be effective. This is quite plausible considering creatine is a much larger molecule than glucose, which requires insulin to permeate the membrane of muscle. Acknowledging the fact that creatine is roughly 50% glucogenic (can maximally revery to 0.5g of glucose per g ingested), you do receive an insulin response from proteins. The only problem with taking creatine with protein alone is that protein (aside from hydrosylates) elicits a much less rapid pancreatic response than do carbs. Assuming you the creatine remains in circulation long enough for you to receive an insulin response, there is no true reason for a protein/creatine combo not to be perfectly effective. In fact, I think that by ingesting creatine with carbs, you may better utilize it considering protein's retardant nature of gastric emptying. Since protein digestion is quite complex, it stays in the gut for a while, and it holds other nutrients in there with it. By holding creatine in the villi for a longer time span, you may get (for lack of better terminology) a "time-release" effect from the creatine. This means less insulin is required from optimal assimilation. This is really good news if you are trying to monitor carb intake. Then again, most of this is my theory...

Coe