Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much protein in 16oz steak?

horsePOWER

just started a college nutrition class, (easy credits). first class in everything seemed like basic knowledge or review for me, however the teacher said the average 16oz steak had about 112 grams of protein. this seemed a pretty high number to me. she figured this by saying 1 oz of steak equals 7g of protein, so 7(16)=112g
just wondering everyone else opinion, we didnt discuss type or cut of meat, so i guess take it at face value.
im sure ill have many more q's throughout the semester, i'll want to run by the many gurus here.

i belive that each ounce of steak has about 5-6 grams of protien but i dont think all of it is usable because some of it gets denatured when its cooked..id guess a 16 oz steak has about 60 usable grams of protein, just my opinion

peace

okay, thanx guys.
thats a good point about usable portion, but i didnt have time bring that up.
and secondly, can 120g of protein at one serving even be digested and used? i would think theres a cut off point (person to person of course) like maybe 50g for avg. adult male. the rest being wasted.
just came back from second class tonight
nothing exciting, more review.
but i did have some homework, some q's regarding health websites. u can bet elite was the first thing i put.

Steak is the most fatest food on the planet.80% of calories comes from fat.You should've asked how much fat there is in steak ...........

proxy said:
Steak is the most fatest food on the planet.80% of calories comes from fat.You should've asked how much fat there is in steak ...........

NOT ALL CUT ARE FULL OF FAT....lean cut of beeeeeef aweee not much better.

later

gymrat123

horsePOWER said:
just started a college nutrition class, (easy credits). first class in everything seemed like basic knowledge or review for me, however the teacher said the average 16oz steak had about 112 grams of protein. this seemed a pretty high number to me. she figured this by saying 1 oz of steak equals 7g of protein, so 7(16)=112g
just wondering everyone else opinion, we didnt discuss type or cut of meat, so i guess take it at face value.
im sure ill have many more q's throughout the semester, i'll want to run by the many gurus here.

Go to a book store and buy "The Complete Book of Food Counts". It has all sorts of good info in it. There's a ton of protein in a 16 oz steak, although I can't recall exactly how much.

Top Bottom