Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much protein? (Conflicting views)

ChiefPB

Every weightlifter knows the general said standard, 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Most hardcore builders advise upping it to 2g per lb for massbuilding. So why is it the every professional and educated nutritionist says athletes need no more than 1.2grams per KILOGRAM of bodyweight.
That is significantly less than most of us are taking!

The RDA for average americans is only 70grams of protein for males a day.

Who should we listen to?

I would do what works for you. I take in about 2 grams per pound of body weight and I get great results. I know some who take more and some who take alot lot less and still managae to make pretty good gains.

M18

It has been documented that even the FDA has to redo their charts and statistics because of the lifestyles people take part in now.
As in our case it is recommended by most to take at least 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. So try to hit this mark and you will see some definite results. You will feel more full and have enough amino acids to replenish your muscles and cause new growth

I read a stupid article that said, the absolute most that any person can possibly use is 0.9g/lb.

I'd like tem to tell that to pro's who eat 500g/day. Morons, don't know shit about bodybuilding.

What I've learned from trail and error, is that as long as you are training hard and intensly....the more protein the better!!!!!!

Why do nutritionists not look like bodybuilders? There's your answer. The mojority of these so called experts have never touched a weight. A sedentary life style(lazy fuck) requires little protein. If you do nothing that induces a need that exceeds maintance levels of nutrients then you don't need lots of protein. Why? cause these people are lazy and have no will power. Intense weight training creates an environment in which the muscles need adequate amounts of protein to repair themselves and hypertrophy. Most of the knowledge we have is battle tested by ways of the gym...Not by the laboritory.

I'm a dietitian. Maybe I can shed a little light on the situation. Registered Dietitians in the United States need to know nothing about diet involved with gear use. Also, parameters are set for your "average" person. I stress average. Anyone who works out to any significant degree is not really considered average. The average American sits around and expects to be fit. That in mind, dietitians do know what they are talking about if consulted on a one to one basis where a personal plan can be set up.

Top Bottom