Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much post-workout carbs?

Urlu

I'm dieting, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I believe I respond better to a high protein, very low fat, low carb diet. So they only carbs I eat all day are post-workout or post-cardio. But I tend to regard this time as my cheat time, and I'm wondering if maybe I'm overindulging in the carbs.

I have a bowl of oatmeal most mornings after 30 minutes of light cardio, but this is more for fibre and to make things easier on my bowel (sorry for putting that image in your head). I might have a glass of orange juice also, or a small tub of fruit yogurt (1%).

But post-workout, I will splash out a bit more. Usually some orange juice, one or two yogurts, a plain bagel and perhaps an apple. Is that too much post-workout carbs? You should also note that I train pretty late in the day, usually between 5:30-7:30pm and I'm in bed usually less than two hours after that.

More or less post-workout carbs? Or maybe different sorts? Your advice is appreciated.

If you're trying to get cut, I'd get rid of most of the carbs you're eating. You're definitely right to have your carbs after training, but try something like brown rice (or maybe something a little higher on the GI but not too much of it). The yogurt and fruit are bad ideas cause they contain simple sugars that are more readily stored as fat but have a low GI (not much benefit for cutting). Also, I try to space my carbs evenly out over the earlier day and cut 'em out completely later in the day. However, since you train in the evening, you're probably best off having some carbs right after training but then cutting 'em out for the rest of the day, if I understood the structure of your diet right. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I kinda always imagines simple sugars meant high GI factor, but I guess that's not always true.

Brown rice, ya reckon? Thanks.

Top Bottom