Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much flaxseed oil for cholesterol control?

Shaikhali

Today in the shop I bought some flaxseed oil becauseI remember from the forum that it is very good for cholesterol, so Ithough it would be a good thing to take together with my wife to keepcholesterol in good form. But then we got confused – how much of itdo you need? I think it is a table spoon, but she says it is ateaspoon. How much is the right amount in the end for cholesterol?

Why not just eat flax seeds? You get the benefit of the natural fibre and protein the seeds contain that way as well. I add 2 tablespoons of flaxseed to my oatmeal every morning and it gives the oatmeal a nice nutty flavour. I actually prefer the taste of the oatmeal with the flaxseed added vs when its not added.

Besides, you should supplement with fish oil capsules instead of using flaxseed oil. Fish oil is a superior omega 3 supplement to flax because it contains EPA and DHA. Flax contains the omega 3 fatty acid ALA. The body can convert ALA to EPA and DHA but it's conversion rate is not great. Fish oil triumph flax seed oil in every way.

I would either use milled flax seeds and mix it into your food or swap out the flax seed oil for 6-10 fish oil capsules.

I take fish oil and krill oil daily as well. I get in around 7g of fish oil and 2g krill per day. This really helps me and I am genetically prone to high cholesterol. Obviously diet is the main factor and also exercising.

If you just want to use it for general health purposes, then you should be well off with just one table spoon per day. If your cholesterol is too high, then you should go for up to 4 table spoons per day. Once your cholesterol gets back to normal, start using 1-2 spoons again.

Top Bottom