Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many Protein Shakes do you drink a day?

BlackHanzo

Was just wondering,because i think i drink way too many, 1 as soon as i wake up before my morning run and one after it, one before my gym workout in the afternoon and one after it, and one just before i go to sleep, is that too many?

Was just wondering,because i think i drink way too many, 1 as soon as i wake up before my morning run and one after it, one before my gym workout in the afternoon and one after it, and one just before i go to sleep, is that too many?
are you eating meals in addition to the shakes?

you mean with the shakes? i have 6 or 4 meals a day but i dont eat food with my shakes only after my workouts..

you mean with the shakes? i have 6 or 4 meals a day but i dont eat food with my shakes only after my workouts..
so you are having 4 - 6 meals of food per day PLUS 5 shakes?

you may be taking in too much protein. tell us this:

how many grams of protein per day are you taking in with shakes, any milk, and other proteins like chicken, tuna, beef, etc

your bodyweight, bodyfat %

how often you train

what are your goals - ie to put on muscle, lean out, etc

oh wow didnt look it at like that, should be combining my meals with shakes? mu weight is 114kgs and body fat i think is around 23% im always off and on and ive just started trainig again and looking to get serious this time round, im 21 years old and im a rugby player, sportsman, goals to get to 10%bodyfat put some good lean muscle on, get big aswell as cutt fat off, i dont know what kind of milk i should take with my shakes so i just take it with water, many milks looks like there fattening but am i just being paranoid?..

This is sort of on topic but off. What do you guys think is the best protein shake? I have been using GNC's regular 100% whey but I have seen some others on a website I wont mention that seem to have more protein per serving

OojijoO said:
This is sort of on topic but off. What do you guys think is the best protein shake? I have been using GNC's regular 100% whey but I have seen some others on a website I wont mention that seem to have more protein per serving

My favorite is myofusion by miles.. The chocolate is really good!

way to rob the thread lol but while were here :)

i really don't like gnc protein that much but thats just my opinion, it doesn't matter how much protein per serving is in there, it depends on the variety of proteins and amino acids, since your body can only absorb around 35g of protein an hour. plus if its not enough protein per serving, just double up or have a heaped scoop. I really liked muscle tech's nitro-tech protein, because it has a huge variety of AA's and so much other stuff in it. i'm currently taking Max Muscle's Max Pro protein and its really really good stuff (best tasting i've had also). Also their High 5 is great, and has 5 different protein sources

and to get back on subject...

oh wow didnt look it at like that, should be combining my meals with shakes? mu weight is 114kgs and body fat i think is around 23% im always off and on and ive just started trainig again and looking to get serious this time round, im 21 years old and im a rugby player, sportsman, goals to get to 10%bodyfat put some good lean muscle on, get big aswell as cutt fat off, i dont know what kind of milk i should take with my shakes so i just take it with water, many milks looks like there fattening but am i just being paranoid?..

just take skim milk or low fat. milk fats are generally pretty good fats, and not like something you'd eat in a candy bar. I don't think you should be combining meals with shakes, it wouldn't make much difference. if you just lift hard youll gain muscle and burn fat, i think there is a tooon of excess protein, which just goes out the poop shoot. I would limit myself to 2, or a max of 3. and not a heaping scoop mind you. is it a fast absorbing protein? those are good for working out, but a slow absorbing protein is good for bed time. I just eat some cottage cheese or a peanut butter sandwich though :) so you shouldn't need half of those shakes. even less if youre eating right.

I drink 100% Gold Standard Natural Whey with Kre alkalyn, when would be the best times to drink the shake then?

you need to eat food. a post w/o shake is good. a shake as soon as you get out of bed is also good as long as your still going to eat within a half hour.

Top Bottom