Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many coffee cups a day

bandit coop

I usually have about 5 cups of coffee a day but I just started a weight loss diet a few days ago, some people say coffee in excess makes you gain weight
is that's true , how many cups a day would prudent to have.

Not 'some people' again. If you're coffee is black and unsweetened it's more or less just water. However, if it's a Starbucks special with cream, flavouring and so on it can easily be 400-800 calories or more. In which case you'd be getting 5 x 400 kcals easy (2000 kcals).

mobster is exactly right

if you drink starbucks everyday and order those $8 coffees you are screwing yourself

plain coffee or tea will not cause weight gain. they have virtually 0 calories! but if you start drenching it will cream, milk, sugar, frosting, etc. you are suddenly at 600 calories which some starbucks drinks have

An 8oz cup of coffee contains roughly 100mg of caffeine. The RDA of caffeine is to consume no more then 400mg of caffeine per day. Even that amount is pushing it in my opinion.

Caffeine is fine in moderation but abusing it will raise cortisol levels and lead to adrenal fatigue. I personally feel that all these mega dosed stimulant pre workouts do more harm then good.

I would limit your coffee consumption to 1-2 regular cups of coffee per day. Drink decaf after that.

mobster is exactly right

if you drink starbucks everyday and order those $8 coffees you are screwing yourself

plain coffee or tea will not cause weight gain. they have virtually 0 calories! but if you start drenching it will cream, milk, sugar, frosting, etc. you are suddenly at 600 calories which some starbucks drinks have

They do specials, inc a ginger one for xmas, thats what... 1300? Oof!

I think 3 or less is a good amount. That is kind of where I end up. I will be at the higher end on days where I really need energy and am going to train.

Top Bottom