Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many cals do you eat in a day?

how many cals do you eat?

• 0?

Votes: 4 0.6%

Votes: 7 1.0%

Votes: 38 5.7%

Votes: 244 36.5%

Votes: 228 34.1%

Votes: 103 15.4%
  • 5000 +

Votes: 42 6.3%

• Total voters
JKurz1 said:
lemme see this rest of your diet yesterday....you got the right idea bro...protein #1, build mass, sculp it later....what is your training like? Cardio?

Sure....

3PM---Muscle Milk

5:45PM---Roasted lean pork loin (a lot).....mashed potatos...brussels sprouts (a lot)...salad.....1 litre of skim milk

8:30 PM----Roasted turkey breast(a lot), broccoli (a lot), bag of instant brown rice...1 litre of skim milk

10:30 PM----Can of tuna with mustard for taste, lol...some yogurt, and a banana, some more milk..

I also drink water during the day, sitting at the computer, sitting at work, watching TV, etc. I take Vit-C, a B-Complex, and a Multi-Vit.

Asleep by 11:30

I train for strength/performace mainly....If I want to cut, I can reduce my calories by about half and still probably eat a good 3000 cals and the weight falls off my body....sometimes I will do a few 2 week cycles of ultra-restrictive dieting every other month and eat like this the rest of the time, it works well for me.

With cardio, I find long, slow cardio (like the treadmill at 5.0 for 45min) just destroys muscle and ruins workouts and athletically makes you slow. Unless you're an endurance athlete who wants to build stamina, I don't see the logic in painfully long, painfully slow cardio. I'll do sled dragging, swimming(this more for AR), sprint work, high intensity interval stuff for performance.....and when I want to manipulate bodyweight or appearance I do it in the kitchen.

thats a ton of cals....I prob. take in half that many, but I need to revamp.....I've switch to a 1/2 hour stationary bike in the am, 3x a week max........now I just need to cram. I train in the evenings....do u work? My problem is not getting in enough meals before bed...take a look:

3:00
rice and tuna preworkout
4:30
TRAIN
600pm
WHEY AND ??? SUGGEST AND MRP HERE? MAYBE A MYOPLEX? THOUGHTS ON DEXT? FRUIT? BAGEL?

THEN I LIKE TO GET IN A SHAKE, SOME NUTS AND SOME VEGGIES ABOUT 830 - BEFORE I CRASH AT 9PM..........THOUGHTS?

I work a 9-5.

Post workout, have some whey and some carbs (in any form)...maybe a whey shake and some Gatorade at 6PM (I say gatorade because it is quick and easy, if you want a bagel or white rice, or juice, that works) .....about an hr later, eat a balanced meal with protein/carbs/fat.

Eat maybe a tuna sandwich on whole wheat and some salad and milk around 9:30.......then maybe some eggs and a banana and yogurt before bed.

problem = my training is over at 630, pw shake at 7pm.....I'm alseep around 900pm, so I can fit in one more meal......maybe around 830pm.......

BlondBomber said:
I have just started to track my nutritional #'s, so I don't know my average.

Here is what I ate today (high calorie/carb day):

2 cups coffee

Breakfast:
10 egg whites w/1 yolk (229/5/0/32)
1 c steel cut oats (680/12/116/24)
½ c raisins (260/0/62/2)
1 tbsp grape seed oil (120/14/0/0)
Breakfast Total: 1289/31/178/56

Meal #2:
1 c brown rice (600/4/128/12)
~8 oz top round steak (428/14/0/72)
15 oz can peaches (175/0/45.5/3.5)
Meal #2 Total: 1203/18/173.5/87.5

Meal #3:
2 (~7 oz) medium potatoes (370/0/84/10)
8 oz ultra-lean ground beef (580/37/0/58)
3 tbsp grape seed oil (360/42/0/0)
15 oz can peaches (175/0/45.5/3.5)
Meal #3 Total: 1485/49/129.5/71.5

Snack:
½ c almonds (340/30/10/12)
¼ c raisins (130/0/31/1)
Snack Total: 470/30/41/13

Meal #4:
1 c brown rice (600/4/128/12)
8 oz ground turkey (320/16/0/22)
Meal #4 Total: 920/20/128/34

Meal #5:
8 oz ground turkey (320/16/0/22)
4 tbsp all-natural PB (420/32/12/16)
3 tbsp flax seeds (140/10/11/5)
Meal #5 Total: (880/58/43/43)

Daily Total: 6247 calories/206g fat/693 g carbs/305 g protein
aside from a few alterations...that is roughly what my daily looks like.

biggT -- awesome posts, very detailed info. You're a big mofo! What's your BF? Sorry if you mentioned it and I overlooked it. Just wondering 'cause "traditional wisdom" tells you to not drink too much milk but I just love the stuff.

You eat "roasted" meats a lot . .. how do you prepare 'em? And same for brussel sprouts. How do you make 'em edible? LoL I'm tired of eating green beans but the other veggies are too much hassle IMO to get 'em ready, cook, etc.

Protobuilder said:
biggT -- awesome posts, very detailed info. You're a big mofo! What's your BF? Sorry if you mentioned it and I overlooked it. Just wondering 'cause "traditional wisdom" tells you to not drink too much milk but I just love the stuff.

You eat "roasted" meats a lot . .. how do you prepare 'em? And same for brussel sprouts. How do you make 'em edible? LoL I'm tired of eating green beans but the other veggies are too much hassle IMO to get 'em ready, cook, etc.

I honestly don't know my bf%. I do use skim milk, I never had any real problems with it, if I start thinking I need to cut back, I usually drop a Muscle Milk shake and I am good to go. I personally think milk is the most anabolic food on the planet. With a gallon a day my recovery time is really improved, and it is sort of like an insurance policy against a bad workout.

With Brussels Sprouts, and broccoli too, I use garlic powder and red pepper flakes and a drop of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter....the garlic powder and red pepper flakes make them real edible, otherwise they just taste like grass to me. I also eat a lot of spinach, but I like spinach, so it's not a problem. I put it in omlettes or sometimes sautee it with fresh garlic and olive oil and put it over brown rice.

For poultry I just use salt and pepper and garlic powder.....with beef I use either Montreal Steak Seasoning or salt/pepper/garlic powder. A lot of times I skip the salt and make a broth just with one of those instant boullion packets. I can pick up a lot of roasted meats at a local store thats prepares them fresh daily, otherwise I either broil, bake, or grill at the house. I've been making a pretty good meatloaf with either 95% lean beef or turkey. Just use salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion/parsley/whole wheat bread crumbs/and 1 egg. Mix it up and bake at 375 until done. It also makes a good sandwich the next day on whole wheat bread with mustard too.

My life would be much easier if I'd cook days in advance, but I am not a big leftover guy, so I probably cook at least every other day.

hit a wall at 170 AHHH need to up the cals more. im at 5500 now going to 6500-7000

GOD HAVE MERCEY!!! its so hard to eat that much i feel liek a pig. no seriously after everymeal i feel like i ate a house.

Powerlifting57 said:
hit a wall at 170 AHHH need to up the cals more. im at 5500 now going to 6500-7000

GOD HAVE MERCEY!!! its so hard to eat that much i feel liek a pig. no seriously after everymeal i feel like i ate a house.
please post your diet.......7000 per day every day is impossible for me to fathom.

I started at 3300, and this coming week I'm bumping to 5,000.......If God didnt make bread, bagels, or peanut butter, no way I could swing it.......

Top Bottom