Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many calories should I intake on off days?

thedpro

If I am only doing cardio and body weight training, should I consume the same level of calories that I would on days when I lift?

Currently I do a fully body workout M,W,F
Squats
Bench
Back
Shoulders
Triceps
Biceps

Every month I change the excerise for each body part except the squats.

On Tu, Th, S - I do pushups, situps, dips, and run a few miles on the treadmill.

Should I be consuming equal calories on each day?

thedpro said:
If I am only doing cardio and body weight training, should I consume the same level of calories that I would on days when I lift?

Currently I do a fully body workout M,W,F
Squats
Bench
Back
Shoulders
Triceps
Biceps

Every month I change the excerise for each body part except the squats.

On Tu, Th, S - I do pushups, situps, dips, and run a few miles on the treadmill.

I guess it would be smart to mention that my goal is to bulk up and cut my bdoy fat down. I have a scale that says I am around 22%. How accurate are those things anyway?

thedpro said:
I guess it would be smart to mention that my goal is to bulk up and cut my bdoy fat down. I have a scale that says I am around 22%. How accurate are those things anyway?

Your not going to bulk up and cut bf at the same time. If bulking is your priority, keep the calories the same. If you are trying to cut bf still keep your calories the same each day, just adjust how much you take in each day.

thedpro said:

Those things are entirely inaccurate. If you truly are 22% bodyfat I would focus on cutting before you bulk, as adding more bodyfat could be pretty demoralizing. I would look around on the diet board for some sample diets and find a good caloire intake for yourself. You seem very active so make sure you eat enough to keep your metabolism and muscles in tact..

thedpro said:

I don't see why you wouldn't. On OFF days sometimes I even eat MORE (even carbs before a heavy lifting day) for added energy.

Make sure you cardio is post weights if you are doing it on the same day.

I would NOT rely on the BF scale for any type of accuracy. Others will disagree saying it measures "something different" than, say a caplier'd BF pinch, which is DOES, but I've stepped on the scale and got 3 different readings some +-5 % difference. I would use the mirror, photos, your clothes, taped measurements & a caplier'd bf test you can get at a gym, hopefully (7 pinch sites minimum as you get leaner, but 3 is "ok" ).

If you have the right routine & diet, I absolutely believe you can gain LMB & cut BF at the same time. I've done it.

But I do agree with MM so figure out which is your #1 priority and design a plan around that.

*Bunny* said:
I don't see why you wouldn't. On OFF days sometimes I even eat MORE (even carbs before a heavy lifting day) for added energy.

Make sure you cardio is post weights if you are doing it on the same day.

I would NOT rely on the BF scale for any type of accuracy.

If you have the right routine & diet, I absolutely believe you can gain LMB & cut BF at the same time. I've done it.

But I do agree with MM so figure out which is your #1 priority and design a plan around that.
Listen to *Bunny* :)

Right on as usual... she's my diet mentor :rose: :heart:

Top Bottom