Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many calories over maintenace...

How many calories over maintenance do you go while bulking for lean mass on cycle?

• Keep at maintenance (or lower)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 500 calories over maintenance

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • 1000 calories over maintenance

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • 1500 calories over maintenance

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 2000 calories over maintenance

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 2500 calories or more over maintenance

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
VictorBR said:
>>> makes sense , it would happen the same to me too

Victor
I don't like to leave it to chance. It's way too hard to make adjustments when you have no idea how much you are eating. Takes all the guess work out of it.

I don't have a strong appetite so I have to count to get to my daily goal. I'm at 6000 now. How can anybody expect to grow on 500 over BMR?
If I skip a feeding and take a dump I'm down 3 pounds.

Powerbuilder333 said:
I don't have a strong appetite so I have to count to get to my daily goal. I'm at 6000 now. How can anybody expect to grow on 500 over BMR?
If I skip a feeding and take a dump I'm down 3 pounds.

Maybe your metabolism is higher than most. You maybe alot bigger than me but 6000 cals will put on a lot of unnecessary fat for me.

man guys I am glad I read this I am gonna eat atleast 750 caloreis over maintenance now I dont count calories I go buy what my body feels I will add some more extras in like a extra serveuibg of carrots and brocoli or an extra setrving of chicken =D

For the 2nd time in 2 months I've waked up with severe flu symtoms. I tried to tough it out and go to the gym where I weighed in at 291. I didn't last long though. The pain and chills in my bones, joints, muscles is out of this world. I made it home just in time to start hurling. Last time I lost 8 pounds in a couple of days. Hopefully I won't be as devastated this time. My goal is to compete in powerlifting as a superheavyweight (309+) in June. Fuck me.

Mr.X said:
It depends on your goals. BMR is weight x 12, AMR is weight x 15

To bulk, most bodybuilders start at weight x 18 and move up to 20-22.

That makes things a hell of alot easier. Thanks

P01NTBL4NK said:
man guys I am glad I read this I am gonna eat atleast 750 caloreis over maintenance now I dont count calories I go buy what my body feels I will add some more extras in like a extra serveuibg of carrots and brocoli or an extra setrving of chicken =D

Try counting cals once. You may be surprised at how much you are under eating. At least that was the case for me.

ectos should just eat as much healthy food as possible...endos...and or endo/mesos i feel are better off counting cals to make sure theyre not getting too many bulking calories (endos...meso/endos can eat tons and not be aware of it, so counting helps )

i have around 3000 cals to bulk...anything more than that and i get excessively fat...wish i had a good metabolism...blah

>> If I don't count , I would be like : " oh shit it seems that I am eating too much , I will get fat " , then I would start eating less .

So for me, I gotta count

Victor

agree with this,, if i didt count i would say wow im full,, i must ate loads,, but if u added it up id be way under i say,, so at least i can force feed myself to hit my target if i have it worked out

Usually less than 500. Epic broscience here: Considering 1lb of muscle contains 130g of contractile protein (about 30% by weight) its energy content is about 520Kcal/lb. Assuming it takes the body 4x the calories to synthesize protein than the caloric value of the end result (aka it would take 16Kcal to synthesize 1g of muscular protein, which could metabolize into 4Kcal through gluconeogenesis) adding 1lb of muscle per week would cost one's metabolism around 2000kcal (conservative estimates).

Now, breaking that across 7 days, you're looking at 300Kcal over TDEE each and every day. If you're aiming to add more than 1lb of muscle per week, please PM me with your routine :)

Eating more calories than that, at least in my experience, leads to increased fat gain, and no more muscle gain, even on cycle. Nutrient timing IMHO is more important than overall caloric intake. Biasing your calories PWO seems to help shuttle nutrients to where they're needed, when they're needed... And not lead to much fat gain. And I'd rather gain slowly than gain fast and cut my diet up later. The psychological throes of low calorie cutting and muscle loss are too great compared to slow, but steady, progress.

Top Bottom