Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many almonds in an ounce?

Kabeetz

Banned
Was just wondering, as nutrition facts says serving size one ounce. My guess is probably like 20-25 but I don't wanna be off when it comes to fats...

depends on the brand, weigh the serving to get an eyeball for it or put them in a 1/4 cup, NOT overflowing. Those cals add up quick if you overeat.

*Bunny* said:
depends on the brand, weigh the serving to get an eyeball for it or put them in a 1/4 cup, NOT overflowing. Those cals add up quick if you overeat.

I'm such a typical guy I don't have a scale or measurement cups. I'm gonna put them on my christmas list for sure!

I looked at some scales at bed, bath and beyond and they were like 10 million each.. strictly for coke apparently. I asked my mom to find her old weight watchers one but it never turned up. haha

Kabeetz said:
I'm such a typical guy I don't have a scale or measurement cups. I'm gonna put them on my christmas list for sure!

I looked at some scales at bed, bath and beyond and they were like 10 million each.. strictly for coke apparently. I asked my mom to find her old weight watchers one but it never turned up. haha
20-25 is fine. I have a brand that 15 = an ounce

Get a scale lol, you'll need it :)

*Bunny* said:
20-25 is fine. I have a brand that 15 = an ounce

Get a scale lol, you'll need it :)

lol, i weighed EVERYTHING when I was on a cut so I could be as exact as possible with my foods :mix:

But to answer the post..I found that with almost any brand of almond it ended up being between 15-20 for an ounce..

poysyn said:
lol, i weighed EVERYTHING when I was on a cut so I could be as exact as possible with my foods :mix:

But to answer the post..I found that with almost any brand of almond it ended up being between 15-20 for an ounce..
:) I even weigh my oats, b/c a 'scoop' tends to be more than the serving size in my cups.

I weighed my almonds today, Serving size was 30 :nerd: I do agree with you though on the 15-20

Generally speaking, each almond weighs 1g. Therefore 1 oz (28g) would be roughly 28 almonds.

It depends on the size of the almonds but that's a really easy 'ball park' measurement I personally use.

Top Bottom