Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long does it take for your body to go catabolic after you eat?

WideloaD

If I'm feeling hungry, and not cravings, but actual hunger, does this mean my body has already digested everything and is going catabolic?

Hunger can be caused by a multiplicity of things - low blood sugar just happens to be one of them. So I wouldn't rely on hunger alone. Keep your body fueled longer, so it doesn't have to resort to catabolism, by eating more lower GI complex carbs that are high in fiber. unsweetned Oatmeal and cream of wheat are perfect.

WideloaD said:
If I'm feeling hungry, and not cravings, but actual hunger, does this mean my body has already digested everything and is going catabolic?

It sounds like low blood sugar or dehydration, if it's your low blood sugar then you can rely on taking in some low gi carbs w/ fiber mixed in. I would suggest getting a glucometer and testing your blood sugar at time to see when and after what your blood sugar is low, this is to be done if hunger is a big problem for you. Otherwise, stick to taking in something like: 1/4cup walnuts + 1/2 cup oatmeal+20g protein+5g psyllium husk fiber

Mr.X

just a quick related question Mr. X.. I'm dieting to lose bodyfat right now. I eat oatmeal a few times a day. Is it ok to mix in some nuts, or is it bad to combine the fat and carbs? I'll count the extra calories, of course.

Tagio said:
just a quick related question Mr. X.. I'm dieting to lose bodyfat right now. I eat oatmeal a few times a day. Is it ok to mix in some nuts, or is it bad to combine the fat and carbs? I'll count the extra calories, of course.

Yes, you can mix in some nuts, just make sure you carbs stay low gi and your fats are healthy; in that situation, you can mix fats and carbs. Mixing F/C is not bad at all if done properly.

Mr.X

same

i have the same problem, but i dont have high blood sugar, im 15 i have 4-5 % body fat it seems like every time i eat a meal 30-60 min later im hungry and could eat the same thing or more agin? y is this?

Re: same

MeatHead57 said:
i have the same problem, but i dont have high blood sugar, im 15 i have 4-5 % body fat it seems like every time i eat a meal 30-60 min later im hungry and could eat the same thing or more agin? y is this?

At such a low % bf, you need to eat small meals every 1 hrs to keep the hunger from getting to you. Add ECA and 5-HTP to blunt the hunger.

Mr.X

Top Bottom