Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long can you keep raw meat in your fridge?

dirkadabolin

I have some pork ribs that have been in the fridge for 9 or 10 days now. How long will it last? I'm not sure if I can still grill it up or should throw it away. What do you guys think?

Angel said:
throw them away dood

The hottie is right, that shit should be bound for the garbage.

As a male that has lived on his own, take that shit to a dumpster. Otherwise your apartment/house/domicile will smell worse that it already does.

Why are you eating/buying pork ribs? That shit is predominately bone, and pork is an inferior selection for protein?

Depends how it is covered dirk. 9-10 days is fine if it's covered properly.
If it's vacuum sealed it's good for upto 1 year.

kustom said:
Depends how it is covered dirk. 9-10 days is fine if it's covered properly.
If it's vacuum sealed it's good for upto 1 year.

In a freezer maybe but not the fridge.

Stored food is subject to the expiry date on the packaging. If no packaging is available then pork (chops or ribs) can be stored from 3 to 5 days in a refrigerator but this is assuming that it is a fresh cut and not one that has been sitting in the butchers for some time. If you freeze the meat prior to the expiry date then pork (chops or ribs) will last 4 to 8 months. It may still be safe to consume after this period but the quality and texture of the meat will be affected. If in doubt, throw it out.

100 grams of pork (ribs, lean cut) will contain 19.2 grams of protein but 8.2 grams of fat (2.8 grams saturated fat).

KP--Fitness Basics

Top Bottom