Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important is breakfast?

Zzanav

Hey guys! I've been told many times by different people that breakfast is crucial to eat, and that you will not lose weight if you do not have breakfast. They say, that the body will think that you are in hunger if you don't eat breakfast after not eating all night, and it will on the contrary gain weight. How true is that?

I would not dare to say it is true. As a matter of fact, if you don't have a late dinner, and don't have breakfast, you will basically have intermittent fasting, which is not bad at all for weight loss. This way you will have glucagon free in the body for longer, and it will contribute to fat use as energy source. So don't worry about it all that much.

the food companies do a great job of convincing you of this..

the answer is no.. that is total broscience

in fact people who go eat huge breakfasts usually have guts. pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, with waffles and bread smothered in syrup and oil/butter.. how does that help you lose weight? fat people will believe this stuff to justify their poor lifestyles

There is nothing magic to breakfast. It's simply called breakfast because it's your first meal of the day - hence the name 'break fast'

All of your meals are equally important. If anything, I would argue that your most important meals are your pre and post workout meals. Especially your pre-workout meal. That is what is fueling your body for your workout

The only time skipping breakfast is an issue is for people that will end up binge eating because they get so hungry.

I think skipping breakfast can be a great asset to fat loss because you really get to take advantage of higher growth hormone levels until you actually do have a meal.

I'm a little biased on this. Some say it jump starts your metabolism, some say it does'nt, blah blah....

I myself find that if I personally skip a healthy breakfast, I tend to want to eat more at my next meal. So I usually have a little something.

It all boils down to what works best for you IMO.

Top Bottom